Current Royal Marine Deployments?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Mr J, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Mr J

Mr J New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Evening all,

trying to get some last minute prep done for AIB this week. Really struggling to find any current RM deployments. Went into the AFCO to pick up a Globe and Laurel and the most recent they had was July/August! I assume as it bi-monthly there won't be a new issue out until the new year.

Tried checking out the Royal Navy website but everything relating to Royal Marines is at least a few weeks old and I've heard stories of candidates being hammered from bringing up exercises in the interview that have finished.

Anyone want to help me out?

2. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

There are the archived Navy News issues. Latest from October:
    https://issuu.com/navynews/docs/201610

Says that 40 Commando was on Black Alligator in the Mojave Desert, California (Centre Pages).

3. smackabear

smackabear Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    There is a globe and laurel app you can get, think it 1.99 for the latest issue on there; could print it

4. Mr J

Mr J New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Yeah, unfortunately I checked that out yesterday and the most recent edition they have is Sept/Oct meaning anything in there is at least 4 weeks out of date. I might just have to use that worst comes to worst and try and pick out some of the major exercises. Not ideal.

5. C30

C30 Member

You could probably talk about 43 Commando being an operational unit, with lads deployed to protect the subs up in Faslane and also lads within Fleet Standby Rifle Troop who are deployed on counter piracy and force protection on Navy and RFA vessels. Not sure if you saw that story of the RM Sniper who took out the engines of a boat carrying drugs, I believe he was on Force Protection for the RFA vessel that first detected the drugs boat.

Just throwing some ideas out there if you are really stuck.

• Like Like x 1