Daftest question on the forum?

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
This is ridiculous but how important are Forwards Rolls at CTC? There's footage of them being done in circuits at PRMC and no matter how hard I've tried, I've never done one. None of my family can do them but it's something I really want to work on and won't quit until they're possible. Am optimistic but just wondering how important they are?

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
This is ridiculous but how important are Forwards Rolls at CTC? There's footage of them being done in circuits at PRMC and no matter how hard I've tried, I've never done one. None of my family can do them but it's something I really want to work on and won't quit until they're possible. Am optimistic but just wondering how important they are?
Seriously?

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
They're mega important! You have to do a forward roll before you shoot at a hostile!

But no, I don't know how 'important' they are as such, but the only reason you can't do them will be technique. I highly doubt there's anything in your physiological makeup that says if you curl into a ball properly and roll forwards, that gravity for some reason won't work on you. Just need to get the shape right, and if you struggle, the CTC staff will soon sort you out. I don't imagine you are anyway, but don't worry about them!

Ross

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
In fact, it's a fair point that the last time I tried them I was about 24% BF and 10 years old. A lot has changed!

This thread is so embarrassing that I think I'll go into hiding or create a new account just to avoid the shame :embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as they find out that it is your weakness, they will make for foward roll everywhere on base. You will perform foward rolls on the drill square, rifle and bergen included.

Haha, not really.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The faster you go the easier it is, like snowboarding, running or driving!

Take a nice long run up - jump - tuck your head under. I gaurantee you will do at least one forward roll!

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as they find out that it is your weakness, they will make for foward roll everywhere on base. You will perform foward rolls on the drill square, rifle and bergen included
Haha, I would pay to see that!

"By the left...quick...MAR..er..ROLL!"

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Tried one this morning and was 99% there so no worries now, I can get back to being a normal PRM.

It was indeed a ridiculous question but when you meet all the other entry standards it'd be daft to be caught out on something so trivial.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It was indeed a ridiculous question but when you meet all the other entry standards it'd be daft to be caught out on something so trivial.
Haha.

'Candidate's application rejected due to inability to perform a forward role'.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Tried one this morning and was 99% there so no worries now, I can get back to being a normal PRM.

A new workout for you, Burpee -> forward roll -> burpee ->forward roll -> burpee ->forward roll -> burpee you get the idea.

Probably would actually be quite good.....?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
A new workout for you, Burpee -> forward roll -> burpee ->forward roll -> burpee ->forward roll -> burpee you get the idea.

Definitely chunder material.

I too was one of the idiots at school who couldn't do a forward roll, though back then I also couldn't complete the 1500 metres so a lot has changed in that time, so I don't worry about it, you'll be able to do it.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Genuinely thinking of that burpee workout, it'd be quite good on the core.

And agree with jm745 on the 1500m! I remember in yr9, our PE teacher congratulating me on a time of 14:57 :amazed:

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Haha that actually sounds quite fun!

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha that actually sounds quite fun!
I'll see if I can get Sotiris to include it in tonight BMF session. Could be a good laugh....

He had us doing "elephant" and "viking longboat" races up the logal "hill sprint hill". Was hard to breath from laughing.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Genuinely thinking of that burpee workout, it'd be quite good on the core.

And agree with jm745 on the 1500m! I remember in yr9, our PE teacher congratulating me on a time of 14:57 :amazed:
Cracking pace lad! :amuse: Basically a trained rank by the age of 13....................................:amazed:

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Can just imagine now a pt session involving rolling down hills, cartwheels, handstands and the splits. Two royals swinging a rope while you skip singing to A Life on the Ocean Wave.