Dancing Royal Marine

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Royal Marines Commandos really can infiltrate anywhere. Former Royal Marine and Invictus Games host JJ Chalmers will be appearing on Strictly come dancing

I’ve seen a few Royals giving it the famous bootneck two step on a nightclub dance floor before but this is next level stuff. C’mon the Corps!

PS- I don’t watch strictly, I’m well hard!*

* He says whilst humming the theme tune.

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My nod represented Scotland in the 2019 Dance World Championships in Portugal. I know there can be a perception of how dancers are a bit soft. The injuries I've seen them sustain then keep going is unbelievable. A definite positive from training as a dancer is his flexibility is really good. It's definitely helped with yomping.

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
JJ suffered horrendous injuries from an IED explosion in Afghanistan, but has now made a career on TV. A great motivational speaker and oppos with similar injured RMs, Mark Ormrod and Paul Vice MC.

He'll do the Corps proud!

Alan

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
He’s also an incredibly inspirational guy who goes out of his way to help veterans in need. Seems a top bloke.

In his own words : I had a nightmare but now Living the Dream!

Bootra

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
JJ is a top man and hoofin Bootneck. It was a heart stopping moment when the news came back about what had happened to him on H14. Because of his character it was no surprise to see how he came back from it and the career he has built.
Still not sure I can bare to spend my Saturday nights in front of the goggle box, but I’m sure my old mum will keep me informed of how he is doing!

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
My claim to fame, I did a dance of the flaming buttocks on BBC Nationwide many years ago, they were covering a wedding between a Marine and a Wren in 41 Commando at Deal and filmed the stag night in the NAAFI, yours truly got up and did it, all was ok until my mum told me she and all her friends had seen it !

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
My claim to fame, I did a dance of the flaming buttocks on BBC Nationwide many years ago, they were covering a wedding between a Marine and a Wren in 41 Commando at Deal and filmed the stag night in the NAAFI, yours truly got up and did it, all was ok until my mum told me she and all her friends had seen it !
At least it wasn't on the roof of the heads in Bugis Street, Singapore!

For the record, that is not me either!
BugisStreetHistory002a.jpg