Dartmouth

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If an individual applied for Royal Marine Officer training and passed POC & AIB yet was not offered a place in the YO batch, would that individual automatically qualify to go to Dartmouth for Naval Officer training given that they have passed AIB?

Reaction score
I really hope not! They are two totally different careers. Dartmouth should not be viewed as an alternative option for those who fail to get into the batch.... although sometimes that may be the case.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but if you make the grade then you make the grade...

I'm pretty sure you can't though. May be wrong...

Reaction score
I think that it is dangerous to even consider this as an option. Choose which one you want to do and go for it, I wouldn't hedge my bets.

gerrard86

Reaction score
I was informed that my score from AIB would allow me to enter as a warfare officer or as a navy pilot providing I took and then passed further tests. However, I had no interest in these particular career paths.

So in answer to your question I think it is possible and passing AIB does provide you with alternative options if you do not make the batch.

Like RMRO states I personally would not consider this as an option because of the difference in career paths, it is very different to an alternative sandhurst and becoming an infrantry officer.