Dates for Birmingham Detachment?

Notnarked

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the presentation for the Birmingham detachment on the 4th November and was wondering if anyone knew the dates for the next PRMC after that?

Many thanks

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the presentation for the Birmingham detachment on the 4th November and was wondering if anyone knew the dates for the next PRMC after that?

Many thanks
You would need to be looking through the threads for someone joining Mersey. I can't recall seeing any posts from Potential Mersey lads.. but you might be able to find them via a search. Would be good if you can post answer if you find out

Dom_9

Reaction score
Hi mate Im at Bir Det. If the dates are the same as last year we seem to have 3 PRMCs feeding 1 recruit troop. So potentially prmc in Feb, July and October with 115 troop recruit training starting next November. Possibly subject to change though as they are reveiwing training dates etc.

Notnarked

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Thats a shame as looks like im going to have to wait over a year to start training as will miss this novembers. Bit gutted about that.

Dom_9

Reaction score
Like I said it may change, took me nearly 12 months from starting my application to prmc so that will take up a fair bit of that time if you have only just had your presentation night. Gives you longer to crack your phys as well

fattyboombatty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Thats a shame as looks like I'm going to have to wait over a year to start training as will miss this novembers. Bit gutted about that.

Im in the same boat as you, missing out on this years intake for Birmingham so having to wait till next november. The silver lining is that one you have your medical you can attend the training nights and even get paid for it so once your PRMC and then Recruit training starts you'll be sure to smash it!

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, missing out on this years intake for Birmingham so having to wait till next november. The silver lining is that one you have your medical you can attend the training nights and even get paid for it so once your PRMC and then Recruit training starts you'll be sure to smash it!
I wouldn't get too excited, just in case the unit puts a freeze on holding troop while they bed in and train the new phase 1A. As Mersey's next PRMC is feb, they might not do this.

Bristol put holding troop on hold until phase 1A have hit their course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O ROP Dates Allocation General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 1
L Intake dates? RMR Section and RMR Selection 2
G Term dates Parents & Partners 1