Dave Tate on human potential

S

stokey_14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WUHVA9lqE&feature=player_embedded

Seen this video posted on the Ross Training forum and thought I would share it here, it?s a video of him being interviewed at a Crossfit seminar.

I?m a big fan of Mr Tate?s .

Despite not wanting to be a power lifter. A lot of what he say?s in B/S free, comical and very grounded in logic.

Watch and see what you think

Stokey

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bookmarked for after work. Very interested to watch it!

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Going to watch now, funny I have just been reading Iron Evolution by Dave Tate. He really is a serious monster these days!

S

stokey_14

Going to watch now, funny I have just been reading Iron Evolution by Dave Tate. He really is a serious monster these days!

Loved that article? does look good now considering his long list of injury?s and his old diet when power lifting was legendary.

Stokey

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, his old diet looked pretty awesome. Watched the video, it got me wondering if the Crossfit guys do take them. I think I'm a bit naiive on the steroid front to be honest. I remember having the conversation in my gym about Chris Spealler... I'm sure he put on about 10lb of muscle in a matter of months. He's only about 140lb but he's one strong dude like. 115kg clean and jerk... And Rich Froning... 195lb of absolute sheer muscle and he competes in an endurance based sport. I could understand if he did bodybuilding, physique stuff. His Crossfit protocol must look interesting...

S

stokey_14

Aye, his old diet looked pretty awesome. Watched the video, it got me wondering if the Crossfit guys do take them. I think I'm a bit naiive on the steroid front to be honest. I remember having the conversation in my gym about Chris Spealler... I'm sure he put on about 10lb of muscle in a matter of months. He's only about 140lb but he's one strong dude like. 115kg clean and jerk... And Rich Froning... 195lb of absolute sheer muscle and he competes in an endurance based sport. I could understand if he did bodybuilding, physique stuff. His Crossfit protocol must look interesting...

With out doubt some of them will be using some form of enhancer, that?s not to say lots aren?t but here there is competition there will always be those that try anything to get the upper hand. It?s all to easy to become one of those guys who shouts ?steroids!? every time someone pushes the boundary?s with in sports but it would also be equally as silly to ignore the fact that they are rife (more so than the media lets on)

As pointed out for every athlete who gets caught using you can be sure the people he was racing, lifting against, fighting, cycling, playing rugby etc where also using they just didn?t get caught out.

The only way I can see around this is allowing them or not testing for them whilst keeping a tested federation for each sport. This works well in bodybuilding, power lifting, strong man etc why not have the tested 100 m sprints and the un-tested?

Mean while educating people and athletes about these substances that they will come across if they play sports at a high level anyways, (teaching them that they aren?t an easy way around that they entail just as much if not more hard work) thus allowing them to make an informed decision.

Everyone wants to believe there favourite athletes are these super human squeaky clean guys but as Dave points out when using or not using these substances can mean the difference between 5 years and multi million pound/dollar contracts can we really judge them?

Stokey