Dead Back

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
i train everyday in the gym and jogging, love keeping fit, the Marines has always been on my mind! but just recently i discovered i can barely move thanks to my dead back! :worried: think i pulled it during deadlifting, my right lat, is there anyone else out there with the same problems?

ALSO is there anyone else on this site joining the RMR?

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm joining RMR Leeds:bigsmile:

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
cool! im also joinin RMR Tyne Unit but Newcastle detachment! sent off the forms today! will have my test next week!

if its anything like the RAF Aptitude test then im *text deleted* fly thru it!

i originally applied for RAF Regiment 2 years ago- but then i visisted the RMR Tyne n i was instantly hooked on the Marines! :praise:

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I originally applied to the army about a year ago, got called a 'posh-boy' haha and they never got back to me after i left my details. I then came across the Marines and felt right at home(their not too fond of the army either).

Psycometrics test is a piece of cake, its just the timing that catches you out.

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
im guessin psycometric test is just another name for 'aptitude' test- english, mathematics, mechanical comprehension, spatial reasoning and things like that? also the dreaded memory test! is that what it is?

good luck on your medical *text deleted*! *text deleted* im not exactly lookin forward to some bloke molestering my balls! (he could at least buy me a drink first! *text deleted*) never normally get em out on first date! *text deleted* :laugh:

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya, welcome to the forum.

Never pulled a lat thankfully although i would imagine it would take you out of action, best rest it up.

Yeah the psychometric test is basically an aptitude test, there are alot of threads with information on here just type it in the search function, no memory section in it though.

best of luck with your back and application

Chris

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate :cool: Good luck with your application and your back problem *text deleted*

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
hey! cheers! my back has pretty much got better! still stiffens up a bit tho if i dont move for a while, still stuck in the gym tho! nothing will get me outa the gym!

doin some cardio today- i got about 2 miles in 13 minutes! im pushing myself hard to get 2 miles in under 10 by next week! (you can never be too fit) *text deleted* do a 6 miler today n try n get it under 50 minutes! that means my 4 miler still stands at around 29/30 minutes! :( hopefully by next week my 3 miler will be below 20