Dead Glutes

Ski ii

Reaction score
Hi,

After coming back into running i've noticed that my glutes have not grown at all whilst my legs have changed shape and slimmed down. When i squeeze my left glute it is rock solid hard and after doing a sprinting session i can feel it tightening. My right glute however does not feel as solid and i feel no tightness in it after doing my sprints (almost as if it's not even turned on), they have not changed shape and i can also feel my hamstring when i tense my right glute which is absent with my left one.
I have no idea why this is as i have changed my running form which has made me run faster and stopped all the calf tightness that i experienced before. 8 months ago they were both rock solid and had a good shape but now nothing.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What's your specific concern?

Honestly if your running is improving and you're not getting injured (as a result of muscle imbalances) then I wouldn't worry about what shape your body takes. You see some proper weird body shapes at Lympstone.

You'll develop pretty athletic arse cheeks again if you're doing enough jump squats and jumping lunges haha

Ski ii

Reaction score
What's your specific concern?

Honestly if your running is improving and you're not getting injured (as a result of muscle imbalances) then I wouldn't worry about what shape your body takes. You see some proper weird body shapes at Lympstone.

You'll develop pretty athletic arse cheeks again if you're doing enough jump squats and jumping lunges haha
Ah right so nothing to really worry about then ha, i was only really concerned about my glutes slowly becoming flatter and losing power. (when ether i walk or run my right glute just doesnt flex the same way as my left one does but i guess its nothing to worry about now)