Decision made???

sam_webb97

Reaction score
Basically I applied for the marines back in December 2016 got to the PJFT everything was going good then decided to end it there thinking it’s not for me.

Since then I’ve got myself a job at Nissan as a sales executive which don’t get me wrong is a good job, but I’ve only been in the job for 2 months and I’ve always got that thought in the back of my mind that this isn’t for me and military is.

I thought if I get a good job then it wouldn’t bother me but it’s always on my mind.

I’m pretty sure I’ve decided to apply for the parachute regiment for a clean slate and I’ve been looking into them and it appeals to me.

I just want too look back on my life like I have achieved something and done things that I’m proud of.

My dad wants me to join up as he dosnt want me regretting it.

Any advice would be great full.

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ah yes, sales executive. Reminds me of Swiss Toni:

I guess many on a Royal Marines website would advocate joinining the Royal Marines. As indeed those on a Parachute Regiment forum would probably propose you joined the Parachute Regiment.

Ultimately, your shout. But... unless you made a complete hash of your previous attempt to join the Corps by failing a sequence of PJFTs then vanishing off the face of the planet, there's no need to "wipe the slate clean" under normal circumstances. Besides, if the application was jibbed prior to passing PRMC and commencing Recruit Training, the training team won't have any prior knowledge of the history of your application.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I just want too look back on my life like I have achieved something and done things that I’m proud of.

Some three hundred years ago Samuel Johnson wrote:

Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea.

I think he made a fair point. I've not heard anyone expressing regret in middle age that when a youngster he hadn't taken a job with the Department for Work and Pensions.

m2013

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Even if you dont enjoy the military its only 4 years of your life. All the skills youll learn and personal qualities you develop im sure will help after.
So im sure thats better than a life time of regret even in the worst circumstance where you dont like it

pch90

Reaction score
Join! I have had a 6 year wait and thought the itch would pass but it never does!

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Join the paras i heard they are great soldiers from someone

Latest posts

New Threads