Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request.

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by MillwallAlex, Dec 13, 2017.

1. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I’m on the part of the application where you fill out all your details such as education etc. When I put in all my qualifications and click continue it simply doesn’t save and I have had to do it 3 times and it still hasn’t saved.

I’m *text deleted* ring them tomorrow

Is anyone else having these problems?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

I am judging by your user name you are London area?
    If so @Ninja_Stoker should be able to help you or certainly knows someone who can.

3. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Ahh it's all sorted now thanks anyway mate. I'm just absolutely awful at computers and the website wasn't loading properly so I panicked a bit all sorted now

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

If it turns out there are any online issues, just message me and if I can help, I will.

5. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Ahh ok thanks very much I’ll be that in mind if any issues come up. Cheers

6. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Try not to call anyone in the Armed forces "Mate" until you pass out!! especially a careers officer!! :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Oh yeah *text deleted* my bad:D thanks I’ll remember that!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. pt-gim

pt-gim New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi, I am having the exact same problem but it’s on the final page, ‘Declaration and Submission’. Whenever I press the submit button at the bottom of the page either nothing happens or it loads for a long time and then just comes up with a ‘submission failed, timed out’ message. Then sometimes it logs me out after that and when I log back in all of the information that I had previously put in and saved on that section is deleted. I’ve spoken to several people, one tried sending me a new application form which I filled out but it still wasn’t working and a few days ago I spoke to someone on the phone who said that the IT department will get hold of me in around two weeks. I first got the forms around two weeks ago now and to wait another two just to send them off is quite a long time. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

Just a general comment... I'm certainly no IT boffin but if I have problems with any flavour of internet form I often try again but using a different browser. I use Firefox mainly but I'll often try Chrome and others. It sometimes works. But if the problem persists it just might be a website issue. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi mate. I had a similar problem. I was stuck on pretty much every stage it took my 4 times to put in me GCSEs. Every single stage it would always say timed out.
    Just keep trying to submit it mate. It took me over two hours to complete it *text deleted* it kept saying “save failed” or “timed out”
    I just kept trying it, it was very very very frustrating but trust me keep trying it and it will eventually send off, at least that’s what happened with me

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

I'd very much like to keep this thread running to highlight the issues people are having with the new Defence Recruiting System (DRS) since it launched on Monday 13th November.

So far, most of the problems highlighted to the contracted company are from an AFCO angle, but we're convinced it is equally as frustrating from an applicant's perspective and are also pretty certain we are losing dozens, if not hundreds of applicants on a tri-service basis due to the software issues.

For those having snags, applying to join any arm of the UK Armed Forces, regular, reserve or auxilliary, please contribute to this thread, explaining your issues and delays to date.

The, far from ideal, solution in the interim is talk to your local AFCO also - bearing in mind most are closed between 22nd December and 02 January.

For those wishing to apply to join the UK Armed Forces on or after 13 November 2017, please add your experience to this thread, good or bad.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Just keep trying every time you get chance. One of my guys managed it after about 100 clicks! Frustrating but needs must and all that!
    Good news is Capita are introducing the new air traffic control system next year...........road trip it is then
    -banghead-

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    My indirect experience of the DRS so far hasn't been great. I've been trying to have my application changed from the RMR to a full time officer role - AFCO says because of the system they can't seem to change it, so I'm now a bit worried that I'm going to miss out on the 2018 entry. Would appreciate if someone could give me some direction on what to do next.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Request your AFCO manually process your application in the interim to meet this year's entry.

Do it by email, ideally, the earlier the better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks for this. I spoke to them over the phone in November and went into the AFCO to chat to someone, but this week received an email informing me I had been passed medically fit for the RMR. I rang again and they said about manually moving it across. Will send a follow up email if it will be of assistance.

As someone in the know, when is the final POC and AIB usually held?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

You will need to get a PJFT cracked and a career interview to switch from RMR to RM regular Officer. POCs usually run to mid June, AIBs to mid July but don't aim for the last of either as they're usually heavily oversubscribed and if you fail an earlier one, you've potentially got time for a retake to make the cut.

Just send an email stating further to our conversation I am emailing to confirm my intended change of application and look forward to receiving my PJFT notification and career discussion for regular officer entry in due course.

17. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thank you for this, puts my mind at ease somewhat! PJFT training is happening as we speak to should be able to put in a solid effort in January, interview preparation is also something I've prepared well for.

18. its_meg

its_meg Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Not the same issue as such but I got sent a link to sort the new drs and it still will not let me on. Technical issues with me everywhere regarding contacting my AFCO, them contacting me and now this. Got told this would make it easier to keep up to date with my application...hmmm

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ninja_Stoker

It's hugely frustrating from both sides, not that it makes anyone feel better about it, appreciated - we're particularly keen to hear about these sort of snags, especially ongoing applicants.

Any screenshots of error messages (editing out your personal details) would be a huge help.

20. its_meg

its_meg Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I will try get it now but it just said I used the link too much (first time I used it). I got told that it would work in 15 minutes time and of course, it did not.-banghead-

EDIT-went to try get it up again and now says the link has expired. Need to contact my AFCO and give them my new number and try and sort this out again...such fun! Previously it said 'TOO MANY ACCESS ATTEMPTS FOR THIS LINK' now just says 'LINK HAS EXPIRED'.

• Like Like x 1