Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Deferring PRMC

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by TFA101, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TFA101

TFA101 New Member

Have my PRMC coming up early January and have had minor knee pain for the last few days, which has prompted me to rest fully to aid recovery.

I plan to avoid any running/lower body work for the rest of the week and make an informed decision thereafter to conclude whether or not it could affect my PRMC performance.

Could anyone kindly confirm if I was to establish contact with my AFCO to postpone, whether or not this would place me temporarily medically unfit and see me going through the medical process again?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Arguably the worst thing you could do would be to attend PRMC carrying an injury. Perhaps drop your CA an email explaining that you have a niggle and that you are considering deferring your PRMC until it is healed. Follow the email up with either a telephone call or (even better) a face-to-face with your CA when he or she returns from Xmas leave.

Lads on here have deferred PRMC and even RT on the day before starting because of injury. It happens.

If the injury doesn't fix itself and you need to consult medical professionals that is the time to think about TMUs, etc. but even then it won't necessarily be a certainty. Best of luck.

3. TFA101

TFA101 New Member

Thanks for the advice @Chelonian, much appreciated.

I’ll be making sure to contact the AFCO if it feels anything less than 100%, would rather be going down fully fit and able to give my best effort.

• Like Like x 1