Define "Over Doing it"?

Jewell

Reaction score
Hey guys...

had to stop my PJFT due to being half drunk when doing it.....and nearly throwing up with a nice cold coming on....should of cancelled it but thought i was rocky but obviously not....only had 600 metres left.*text deleted**text deleted*ed off.

but running wise and not any hard phys...just running...

whats classed as too much a week?

Basically i walk/jog a mile for my warm up then run a mile and a half.....only been doing it the last month...first time was 11 minutes....i do this everyday....if im not working...(work part time)

down to 10mins 30 on my own but with another person....9mins 30.

i dont *text deleted* burn myself out......and with a cold coming on,sore chest and throat....not in prime condition....waiting to book my 2nd PJFT as soon as im fit enough....

Lee

Reaction score
ive *text deleted* ask, why were u half drunk?

1.5 miles a day isnt over doin it. but not the best way to train. look at other posts of boys training routines.

u wont be able to do another pjft for 3 months now.that gives u plenty time to get fit enough. when u get your chance u have to be serious and give 110% pjft is the easy bit, only 10mins of feelin *text deleted**text deleted*.

Jewell

Reaction score
ive *text deleted* ask, why were u half drunk?

1.5 miles a day isnt over doin it. but not the best way to train. look at other posts of boys training routines.

u wont be able to do another pjft for 3 months now.that gives u plenty time to get fit enough. when u get your chance u have to be serious and give 110% pjft is the easy bit, only 10mins of feelin *text deleted**text deleted*.
my AFC officer said get used to running drunk.....so i did...he found it funny!

3 months....errr nope, i can book mine for next week if i wanted fella.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Copy paste of bodybuilding.com
Q: What is overtraining? Are there any easy-to-recognize signs or symptoms of overtraining?

A: Overtraining is a term that is used to express a situation when an imbalance occurs between training and recovery. The symptoms of overtraining can vary from one individual to another.

Overtraining, however, frequently involves one or more of the following common signs or symptoms:

* Impaired physical performance

* Reduced enthusiasm and desire for training

* Increased resting heart rate (i.e., your heart rate taken first thing in the morning before getting out of bed)

* Increased resting blood pressure

* Chronic muscle or joint soreness

* Increased incidence of musculoskeletal injuries

* Increased incidence of colds and infections

* Impaired recovery from exercise (e.g., heart rate remains elevated well after the completion of a bout of exercise)

* Increased perceived exertion during your normal workouts

* Reduced appetite

* Dramatic weight loss

* Disturbed sleep patterns

* Increased depression, irritability, or anxiety
Basically, if you find yourself not feeling like you usually do on a normal training day you might be wearing down and need a rest.

Lee

Reaction score
my AFC officer said get used to running drunk.....so i did...he found it funny!

3 months....errr nope, i can book mine for next week if i wanted fella.
ok fair enough, u know best. great attitude by the way. you ll go far.

Jewell

Reaction score
ok fair enough, u know best. great attitude by the way. you ll go far.
no need fella....

I dont know best,he told me,gave me the papers yesterday,no mention of a 3 month wait....

I am taking this seriously,he said try it as a joke and i said ok,ive got another chance....obviously im not going to do it again......

we both laughed,him more than me.....

life goes on.

Thanks for the info Chris,spot on.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
no need fella....

I dont know best,he told me,gave me the papers yesterday,no mention of a 3 month wait....

I am taking this seriously,he said try it as a joke and i said ok,ive got another chance....obviously im not going to do it again......

we both laughed,him more than me.....

life goes on.

Thanks for the info Chris,spot on.
It's rather worrying that you saw fit to take a joke in the literal sense as failing a PJFT doesn't bode particularly well for a potential Royal Marine candidate. With the new UK contract with Fitness First you are allowed 3 free gym visits before you actually need take the PJFT, so there's little excuse for a fail since you are now able to undertake 3 practice runs beforehand.

The fact that you are permitted another attempt at the PJFT means that you should now wait at least a further eight weeks before taking a second test, but maybe your supposed mitigating circumstances permitted an earlier re-test.

Frankly if you fail the second, you are probably better off considering a different career rather than considering a 3rd attempt at PJFT.

Jewell

Reaction score
It's rather worrying that you saw fit to take a joke in the literal sense as failing a PJFT doesn't bode particularly well for a potential Royal Marine candidate.

The fact that you are permitted another attempt at the PJFT means that you should now wait a further eight weeks before taking a second test.

Frankly if you fail the second, you are probably better off considering a different career rather than considering a 3rd attempt at PJFT.
i can see where you are coming from.....

he knows im fit enough.....

lil bit of messing around...im taking this deadly seriously....

Dedicating this all to my old man(just passed away) and my family which i am extremely proud of as there x military and top blokes....

Doesn't mean you cant have a chuckle on the way tho...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
i can see where you are coming from.....

he knows im fit enough.....

lil bit of messing around...im taking this deadly seriously....

Dedicating this all to my old man(just passed away) and my family which i am extremely proud of as there x military and top blokes....

Doesn't mean you cant have a chuckle on the way tho...
Humour is the oxygen that the Armed Forces needs to function, and it is indeed good that you are suitably focussed & determined as a tribute to your Dad.

If your Dad was a taxpayer, then maybe he would be a bit miffed with you for wasting the cost of a fitness test though!

Good luck to you next time.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If your Dad was a taxpayer, then maybe he would be a bit miffed with you for wasting the cost of a fitness test though!
That is absolutely the best point made in this thread, you're wasting tax payers money wether you pay taxes yourself it doesn't matter, I'm suprised your AFCO even laughed at you failing it and I'm truely disgusted you don't have to wait 2 months for the next one.

People genuinely want to join the Royal Marines and fail for valid reasons. Injury, failing to prepare and you, you failed for a joke.

To me, this makes you a bigger joke than anyone.

A little messing around is prefectly fine when it's not at the expense of others. A little messing around on the other hand is not taking it 'seriously!' and maybe Ninja was right, a different career maybe on the agenda.

Jewell

Reaction score
oh my...

i didn't fail for a joke...i honestly thought i could pass half cut....obviously not....

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
next tame film it i wona see a dude running drunk on a running machine with a bottle of vodka in his hands *text deleted*

vince

Reaction score
i went out on a stag night last week and got totaly smashed on jagermiester + whiskey + larger. Woke up the next day feeling like crap but went out for my usual morning run *text deleted* i didnt want my routine to be effected. Didnt think about the fact that i had drunk a large amount of spirits the night before and drinking water would kick it all off again and get me pissed. Man it was horrible , still completed my run but it was *text deleted**text deleted*ing slow and i kept falling off the path and miss-judging corners. *text deleted**text deleted*ed me up , when i got home i was so far gone i just ended up laying in a chair stairing at the floor for hours.. felt like that dude from the film "My left foot", think i was dribling too.
Moral of the story is... jager + whiskey + larger = Two piss ups for the price of one