Delaying Pjft

Lain

Reaction score
Okay so i got a date booked for my pjft, in just over a weeks time, problem is i've just twisted my ankle pretty badly doing hill sprints (damn potholes), guess i've been over-training a bit too for it, anyway i really can't see my ankle healing up fully by then, anyone know if its possible to move the pjft back a week or 2? problem is if i delay it then it'll be outside the 28 days i was given to complete it, anyone had this kinda problem, or know the rules regarding failing to complete it within 28 days? Thanks.

Lain

Reaction score
Thanks, real helpful. The point was i didn't want to call them unnecessarily and risk failing, hopefully thats not what will happen but i didn't want to take any chances, just thought someone might know thats all.

M

MTW

your not going to fail for ringing them..........christ just call them and ask its their job!, and they are the only people that can give you a definative answer.....man up.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Lain i believe your medical would be invalid after then and you'd have to retake it. check with admin/AFCO though

Lain

Reaction score
Yeah i thought that might be the case, thanks seedy. Think i might just give it a few days rest and try to run it anyway, its not a particularly bad twist. And MTW what the hell does "manning up" have to do with anything, AFCO was closed when i posted this, i just didn't want to have to retake the medical, thought someone might've known for sure, thats all.

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I thought man up meant, confess to something. Its probably better that you have a day or two rest before you do it anyways... afterall its only *text deleted* be less thn 10 minutes of potential pain... im sure there will be worse to come when your in recruit training. im kinda in the same situation except its my hip. got my PJFT on monday and then *text deleted* book an appointment at the docs n see wat the script is. I can still do the run but ma hip hurts like hell after it.