Delaying PRMC

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have a bit of a dilemma, i have my PRMC on the 8th of may but i've had a *text deleted* bad 6 weeks and i've not been training and i dont feel ready for PRMC anymore, but i've messed about with my application before but if i delay it will they lose patience with me and just stop my application? i've been told this is my last shot at trying before they tell me no and i dont want that but i'm not ready physically or mentally. i think is one's more for ninja

thanks

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Why arent you ready? Your stats in your signature seem pretty solid! Just work hard for 5 weeks and you'll be fine! Man up.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
them stats are old and i know in 5 weeks it's possible but i'm mentally shattered and every run in now a chore more than something i want to do and when i get out i have not motivation to push myself, i just dont want to fail and it be game over just because i'm not ready

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You need to motivate yourself! Think of how you will feel if you fail PRMC because you couldn't be bothered :noworry:

I know sometimes running feels like a chore, but have you tried doing different routes to usual? or giving yourself something to work towards such as if you get your run times down to a specific time you could have a day off perhaps?

Hope this helps.

IanM

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i know i've tried i just have to much going on in my head, normally i dont mind runs i can just crack on and push myself without thinking but with everything that's gone on i just can't focus

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i have a bit of a dilemma, i have my PRMC on the 8th of may but i've had a *text deleted* bad 6 weeks and i've not been training and i dont feel ready for PRMC anymore, but i've messed about with my application before but if i delay it will they lose patience with me and just stop my application? i've been told this is my last shot at trying before they tell me no and i dont want that but i'm not ready physically or mentally. i think is one's more for ninja

thanks
Perhaps a re-watch of Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan or any other RM related docs is in order here?

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, you've came too far to be messing around now! You pass that PRMC and you could be in RT by June! You can do it mate!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It seems a relatively straight forward decision if there have been previous false starts & someone's been told it's the last opportunity.

As injury isn't the reason for a two month cessation of training, then it's likewise up to the individual whether they get a grip or quit.

Far rather an application is withdrawn voluntarily in good time so someone else can have the place, with maybe a later chance of reviving the application due to the mature foresight.

The alternative is to dither, not make the grade & waste the remaining opportunity.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you guys are right i'm going to have to just man up, take this weekend to sort my head out and smash the training from monday for 5 weeks and give it my all, i only have something to gain from it.

cheers for the advice guys

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good man, try failing PRMC then having to re motivate yourself to start training again! Its hard but you've just *text deleted* crack on! 5 weeks time you'll be fit and ready to smash it!

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Replied to your pm, I can't run at the moment but I come out on my cycle while you run, I can set a pace for you to keep up. It might help you motivation wise, I can get a mega phone and shout motivational speeches too haha.

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Replied to your pm, I can't run at the moment but I come out on my cycle while you run, I can set a pace for you to keep up. It might help you motivation wise, I can get a mega phone and shout motivational speeches too haha.
Don't forget the spatula !!

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'm already part of that group i just never really use facebook so dont get round to posting on it, try and get on it more now though