Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

DELETED THREAD ?

Discussion in 'Site Issues, News and Developments' started by sidthesloth, May 8, 2017.

1. sidthesloth

sidthesloth New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What happened to my thread "MILES A WEEK AFTER SHIN SPLINTS ?" @Ninja_Stoker

• Like Like x 1
  2. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Not sure what's happened there? It's been removed from public view??

3. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Admin has stated " please post in correct section" this maybe the reason, not too sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Polo

Polo Member

5. sidthesloth

sidthesloth New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Polo yeah I just posted on it but I don't get what it means by "please post in correct section" as it's in common training *text deleted*

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It was originally posted in the welcome bit, so I gather, then moved here. Not a biggie but what some may not be aware of is when you, search a subforum for the answer to a query, only keywords in that subforum come up in results found.

So what? If someone searches "shin splints" they are more likely to find a relevant result in training injuries than the welcome/introduction subforum and our Google ranking improves.

In actual fact, if you do a search on the homepage for "shin splints" ALL results are shown, but the Google Spider (generic search bots, of which there are dozens & dozens indexing the site as we speak) aren't sophisticated enough to "know" this and it consequently messes with our search engine optimisation thingymabobs doofer, to use technical parlance.

There. Bet you never thought you'd get a good enough reason in response to your query, eh? :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  7. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Probably me that shifted it, I did about 6 this morning. The trouble is that posting in the introduction section with general questions is so contagious it's unreal. Once one person does it, the rest follow and the site looks a mess.

It's important that we shift thread's out of there as soon as possible. I tend to either move or soft delete them depending on how many responses they have had. If they've had a lot of responses then I will tend to move them to the right section rather than delete the responses that people have made. If they haven't had one then I tend to delete them on first site.

I think people often post questions in there because either a) they think they will get answered quicker because they will be seen first - or b) Some people are just too lazy to find the right section.

I think I deleted about 15-20 posts from one guy's before he noticed and decided to ask where his posts were going. In fact nope, I had to stop him from creating threads in there by changing his user privileges - extreme case :D.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Oh, forgot to mention, GW has got OCD too :D

You may be forgiven for thinking that but since my role changed to include "digital" in the job title, alluding to my social media stuff, I get bombarded with all manner of technical queries from within the recruiting field force.

Usually, I can blag it by telling someone to conduct a 'hard reset' by holding the "on/off discriminator" button for ten seconds. Very often you get heaped in praise from the joyous incumbent who didn't bother to read the software update pop-up.

The bit that gives me the most satisfaction is when I get an irate return phonecall along the lines of "You complete *text deleted*, call yourself an IT guru? You've just wiped a spreadsheet I've been working on for hours". At which point, the reply is "I'm only social media mate" *snigger, click, buzz....*"

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  10. sidthesloth

sidthesloth New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My bad I couldn't find where to create a new thread (using my phone) and then I saw a new thread button and I wasn't taking any second chances on losing the page

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

It's my only real OCD, everyone is allowed just one. :) My other "alleged" OCD is about not filling in tax forms but that's a whole other issue - Your Honour!

Don't worry about it mate, we all post in the wrong forum every now and again. Well except me, because I'm the guru of tech apparently until things go wrong and then I'm on holiday ;)

12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I've got a suitcase-full, apparently. :confused:

But accusations of OCD are most often made by those of a sloppy and careless disposition. The sort of person who can't quote the Pantone code of their favourite colour. Or someone who lazily uses a full-stop to represent a decimal point instead of Alt + 0183.
    Just two examples. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  13. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And said people always think OCD is an adjective- 'You are OCD!' 'No, I HAVE OCD. You ARE illiterate.'
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Agreed. But being objective, that's one more for your own list. :)

15. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Would write it on the bottom but would take me a long while to find the bottom of that list.

• Like Like x 1
  16. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

You should apply for Officer! Your way too intelligent for OR. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nope, just boring. ;)

18. sidthesloth

sidthesloth New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'll make sure to post in the right section from now on, I don't want to see the hulk side of the OCD

19. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

I had no idea if you were joking there, I'd tried it half expecting my computer to fall over and for you to later to post about claiming a new victim :D

I'd no idea that the decimal place was different from a full stop, genuinely none.:(

20. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

It's you're! Agh! That's my OCD or actually CDO (alphabetical!)!

Sorry @arny01 but while we were on the subject!

I only wish I could 'catch' OCD (CDO) about cleaning! Hate it with a passion!

No offence intended!

• Like Like x 1