Demoralized

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just went for a 1.5 mile run to see what time i got, and halfway through i was at the 5 minutes 30 time, then i started to get really sharp pains near my ribs, im sure it wasnt a stitch but im really let down because i couldant finish my run so im just getting the impression i'l just never make it, i was going through it quite fine but when the pain struck i just had to stop it was so irratating, im just demoralised because i feel i'l never make it past a pjft, but to be honest its my first run in quite a while as i have had to do gcse's and ive been quite tired after them.
I also drank a cup of water about 30 minutes before and i dont think i digested it all so that may of contributed to it.
lastly i have my interview tommorow and i just feel im wasting my time because i failed to even do my 1.5 miler, i just feel demoralised and fed up.
sorry for the long post.

Lain

Reaction score
I would try not to let it get to you too much mate, i think we all have bad days, i know i've had them. Keep in mind adrenaline will carry you even further on the day itself, i know i always give 110% more effort on a test, its all too easy to stop when theres nothing at stake. Also rather than downing a bunch of water in one go i find it effects me far less if you drink it slowly, small sips often. Just keep up the training, try and add some intervals and i bet you'll be fine mate, best of luck.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the wise words Lain, i'l try again on thursday and see how i'l go.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I always get demoralized and think of quitting but what good would i be in the middle of afghanistan if i thaught that? keep strong, keep training.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone gets rubbish runs mate, dont worry, I went for a run today and it was just crap, felt knakcered and unfit. Ease yourself back into training.
Your body CAN be trained up to the level to pass PJFT and PRMC and recruit training.
You just have to keep cracking on at it and keep training, you will get there.
Its a state of mind ;)

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the wise words guys, feel better about my situation, im *text deleted* crack on with the training again on thursday, fresh start

J

Jason_A

Like the others' have said, keep going at it -- your hard work will eventually pay off.

Also, 15/20 mins before you do any exercise, eat an apple or bannana. It helps build your sugar levels up -- I always have one before any excercise.

Best of luck!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the advice Jason, i'l do that from now on.
Cheers
thanks for everyones posts, they have helped alot. :)

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im going to say the typical, "i know how you feel" im like 1 week away from finishing my college course and it has taken priority over my life for the past 2 to 3 weeks, and i aint done much fitness at all. in the past week i have gone to the gym twice, the amount of college work i have been doing is stupid and the amount of exercise i havn't been doing is even more stupid. although my body weight and fat% have stayed the same i feel my body has gone downhill and im dreeding returning back to fitness and seeing my results. but luckily as soon as college finishes next week i can get on with fitness again. but just after your exams your expedited to be stressed still and mentally tierd, you have just had the most important exams of your educational life. take a few days off, relax and return to training

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks ZZ, i keep saying to myself after my exams, sit back and relax i have my whole live to do this, but i just want to gradually get stuck in if you know what i mean.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i know what you mean mate.. but mentally you wont be all there strait after and the worst thing to try and improve on your results during exams because it will add extra stress.. but regular exercise without pushing yourself is good. (thats just general advice for everyone doing exams) but in all honesty you want to take it easy for a couple days, if you think like me when it comes to not doing exercise you will get really frustrated and start thinking your fat or losing your muscle etc etc.. but as long as you eat ok, just a couple of days or even a week wont harm

Floyd

Reaction score
heh im the same dude, i have a terrible sleeping pattern and basically do my cardio near 1-2pm and my circuit (which i just started today) a few hours after, i just dunno how i will perform in the morning.

I got demoralised because i tried to beat the 10 minute deadline on the 1.5miler, even though i hadnt done alot of physical execrise, especially running for about 2-4 years :/ i felt so crap i didnt think of even bothering, but because Jason and everyone here is so supporitve, going through the same things and have great advice, i go training all the time (except for rest days :biggrin:) and i always enjoy the way my legs feel more tightened and i feel im using my body!

Its a great feeling and you need to just keep your head high and crack on! You'll gradually improve. I tried my circuit and i found it hard as hell! i mean jesus i was sweating ALOT, my face was dripping! and it was very satisfying going over it again in my head when i showered and now i know what i need to increase/decrease in my circuit.

Sorry for the looooong post but end of the day buddy. Your not alone :toung:

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate, we all have down days and up days... the other week i was soaring through my training got some really good times pressups were good then i fell off my bik and havnt been able to do pressups for 3 weeks untill today and ive dropped 10 pressups and now i can only do 1 pullup.. and i have 4 weeks to RMAD but i know i can do it.. just believe in yourself mate!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and help guys, means alot, it also helps alot and im *text deleted* crack on and smash my interview tommorow, il leave my pjft for quite a while to get my Cv up to scratch. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated

Babybell

Reaction score
Be greatful its something that can be worked on over time. Its just sticking with it. As has been said there are good days and bad days.

If you want something really demoralizing, try having a blood test for arthritis! I've got one tommorow. Its highly unlikely Ive got it, but I have recently found out that a relitive of mine was diagnosed with it when he was 21 too.

Had I not found that out I wouldnt be as worried as I am now. Since if it comes back positive (though i wont know for at least 10 days :( ) then I will be medicaly unfit to join ANY of the forces:(

Floyd

Reaction score
Don't worry mate happens to me a lot. Right now i'm pissed off because I can't do a single proper pull up. That came as a bit of a shock to me as I've always thought I was quite a strong guy. But I know if I put the work in i'll see the results so just have to keep your mind focused and not give up.
*text deleted* i cant find anywhere at my home (because i do my circuit at home) to do pull ups, at the gym there is this upper body weight machine with pull up handles on it but i dont want fancy different ways of doing a pull up, plus someones always hogging the damn thing.

Anyway, ill find some way to do pull ups without hassle eventually.

Floyd

Reaction score
Be greatful its something that can be worked on over time. Its just sticking with it. As has been said there are good days and bad days.

If you want something really demoralizing, try having a blood test for arthritis! I've got one tommorow. Its highly unlikely Ive got it, but I have recently found out that a relitive of mine was diagnosed with it when he was 21 too.

Had I not found that out I wouldnt be as worried as I am now. Since if it comes back positive (though i wont know for at least 10 days :( ) then I will be medicaly unfit to join ANY of the forces:(
Good Luck dude, hope it all goes well and you're perfectly fit, would be a shame.

Babybell

Reaction score
Thanks Floyd. Like I said Im probably worrying way, way too much.

Its these things where you have not control over them that are the real demorlizers!

Floyd

Reaction score
Thanks Floyd. Like I said Im probably worrying way, way too much.

Its these things where you have not control over them that are the real demorlizers!
Trust me dude im scared to hell because i dont think i can make 2.4km in 10 mins, we'll see next monday when i test myself. :blink1:

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Passed interview today guys, the corporal there also gave me a reall good fitness schedule with grid runs and such, my admin was scruffy and they werent pleased but my turn out like clothes and stuff was good.