Demoralizing fitness sessions

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do you ever have them sessions were you seem to have gotten worse? I've just done a circuit training session, and I don't do much circuit training since I've finished college but I seemed to get knackered so easily in this session.

I don't know if its just psychological and I'm actually performing at my usual standard or maybe it was just one of them days.

But damn, it makes you feel like you've lost fitness which is a right kick in the balls! Especially when you start RT in 3ish weeks!

Taylor

Reaction score
Yer i think everyone gets em.

I perform much better, and get alot more out of training in groups then on my own, not because im not motivated, its just training on my own doesnt seem to give me the same results.

Also, put in a few rest days into your routine, sometimes your body jst needs rest and then youll be back to your best.

M

MTW

yea happens to me too mate, im sure everyone has their bad days, and it is a knock on the confidence, but just reckonise your prob just javing a bad day and forget about it, then smash it next time.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Dont for get to train your state of mind as well as your body!

Your mind is as powerfull, if not more than the muscle you build.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone gets them at times, it is *text deleted**text deleted*, sometimes you just get sessions that seem to be bollocks, but chin up!

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just think a corporal is screamin at u to get a *text deleted**text deleted*ing move on
always helps me

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
just think a corporal is screamin at u to get a *text deleted**text deleted*ing move on
always helps me

Sometimes when Im just going to give up through exaustion, I imagine that there is a sargeant sreaming at me... I can then surprise myself by going much further....I think real training begins when you are ready to give up!!

I think they call this anerobic exercise...(here is a good chance to conduct mental warfare with your brain)

Also when your on your arse and hanging all the way out, question yourself....
Is what im feeling painful? Why is it painful? what is making me want to stop? Do I really need to stop? What if I could go the same distance again right now? etc....

I find that if you try and define the pain It sort of morphs into maybe a tingle or heat.....Think of that guy who ran at 10 kph for 24 hours straight on a treadmill in new york....