Dialema!

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
im just thinking about what a few people have been saying to me recently, my dad (ex army) keeps on asking me if *text deleted* joined the Marines yet or joined the Army or RAF or RMR yet (i only see him around 1/2 times a month so he doesnt have a clue about my life) *text deleted* he knows that the armed forces is my life! specifically the Royal Marines, and a friend of mine keeps on telling me i should just go for the regular RM, people kind of think less for me joining the RMR but that was my original plan! i even started the application process...

well anyway here goes (you will see how the above text is relevant to my questions)...

1) can anyone tell me how long the application process is untill i do my PJFT- like how long from handing in my form till the PJFT? (for regular RM not RMR)

2) i have recently recovered from a back injury that lasted around 2 weeks so i layed off jogging for that period, now im back in and at it hard! but i time myself on each jog and my 1.5 time has dropped to about 10:30, i know i can get it back down a minute in about 3/4 weeks
----question is, is that enough time after handing in my forms? (hence question 1)

3) i really dunno what to do, *text deleted* i know for a fact i will ace the RMR but brickin it for the regulars! im scared of failure basically and for this reason alone i have put the RM off for about 6/7 month! i need anyone else either in or experienced similar problems/queries/fears as mine!!

another thing, *text deleted* always kinda had this hard outshell to me, like i let nothing affect me, but the one thing in life that will REALLY affect me will be being away from my gf who *text deleted* known for over 3.5 years and love her to bits!

so basically from these questions you will see im pretty desperate to reach a decision about what it is im going to do! i want to be a RM SO badly! and im SO SICK AND TIRED of people getting on my back about my career! telling me i should have sent off the forms ages ago (i know i should have really, but i was brickin it) and now for my own sake i want to send em off... JUST WHAT TICKY BOX DO I TICK FOR THE QUESTION '1.2 SERVICE' ON THE YELLOW 'APPLICATION FORM FOR HER MAJESTY'S ARMED FORCES' Royal Marines or RN/RM Reserves???????

thank you all in advance for taking the time out to read my post

thank you again for replying my post with advice or ideas or any stories about what difficulties youv been through!

cheers! (call me Brad not Wannabe! *text deleted* what a sh1t screen name!)

Binary

Reaction score
I can't answer your questions for you, however;

* Calm down, you've got loads of time to make decisions.
* Don't be scared of failure, learn from it, train/practice and then try again.
* If you don't feel you're ready don't be pushed into it, by anyone, you'll know when you're ready.
* Don't worry about what you peers/family think of you, it's not important.
* If you don't know what you want to do with your life, join the back of the queue until you do know.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Brad,

Before answering your questions with regard regular service- read about the bravery of LCpl Croucher RMR in the editorial comment of the Globe & Laurel before listening to people who know nothing of the RMR.

1. Anything between two weeks and two months depending on the availability of test places, interview slots and medical appointments in youtr local AFCO.

2. Yes, but the PJFT is 3 miles (see sticky at the top of this section) from 01 Sept.

3. The RMR selection standards are pretty much identical to regular RM, hence the fact that Reserves & regulars are 100% interchangeable operationally. The difference is that RMR training is longer so the tempo of fitness has to be maintained for longer. Regular RM training is much more condensed & is easier to focus on as you are being paid in a full-time capacity to complete training whereas RMR is much more drawn out.

You will need 100% support & co-operation from your partner to complete training. If you want to be with your partner without separation, then don't join either the RM or RMR. The amount of guys that bin Recruit Training for their partner only to rue the day & try to rejoin is phenominal.

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
cheers lads.

about the new PJFT, i can do 3 miles easy! just the best effort part, i *text deleted* train for another few weeks and get it down to 9:30

i understood that the RMR and RM participate the same training and tests, i just feel in the RMR because the training takes place over a longer period, there will be less pressure to be RMC fit. if you know what i mean.

and if i am anything, i am definately not half hearted about the RM, *text deleted* wanted to be a RM for like 10 years! i have this big passion for it! one thing is the only way id quit the RT would be from my leg falling off! *text deleted* *text deleted* there nothing i want more! im kinda still at a stand still because the RM is my life- id be sooo devastated if i failed.

... i think what im *text deleted* do is practice everything required of the PJFT and PRMC and then apply, whether thats tomorrow, or next month, i think il know when im ready! cheers!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
...i understood that the RMR and RM participate the same training and tests, i just feel in the RMR because the training takes place over a longer period, there will be less pressure to be RMC fit. if you know what i mean.

Not sure I follow the logic- the longer period of training for RMR means you have to maintain the tempo of fitness over a longer period. If anything it's harder to keep at that tempo for longer as it makes you more susceptible to injury.

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
what i meant was you dont have to do any PRMC or anything for the RMR you just need to do the PJFT, i suppose the selection weekend for the RMR but i never thought that be as tough as the PRMC- wat i mean by RMC fit is that for the RM regulars they require you to be fitter earlier...

...you know what, fcuk it, im just *text deleted* go for it! *text deleted*

im really good at endurance running- its what i excell in with my training
situps- i also excell in situps
not so good at the marines style pressups tho
pullups- needs a bit of work i can get about 3/4 (i used to be able to do loads more but for sum reason now i cant do as many)

im just *text deleted* train like mad for the next few weeks then sign up for the regulars, get ma form sorted on ma RM style pressups/pullups

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
i always thought the regulars would be harder as your training everyday during RT- this having a large impact on your body, creating a lot of stresses on your muscles whereas the RMR is only 2 days a week...

if one thing im good at too its maintaining a high level of fitness

but cheers anyway- soon il be changing my signature to

Psycometric- passed
Interview- passed
Medical- passed
PJFT- passed
PRMC- (date)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Dialema! General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 6