Did my first vo2 20 mtr bleep test

t00old4this

Reaction score
Hi, just thought id mention that I went to a training session last night and did my first bleep test for 9 years and got to level 9.6. I am quite pleased with this as in the morning I did a 20 min row and a 45 min bike ride. One thing that bothered me was my technique tho, i could not for the life of me turn properly! I did this camp little skip at each of the 20 mtr lines and by the end of the sesh everyone was in stitches! do you get told off for not turning right at prmc or do you just have to get to each line within the time?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not done the PRMC yet, but there are a couple of diaries on here that mention problems with turningthat you might want to have a look see, dont think it's something you'd get nailed for though i'd avoid camp little skips....*text deleted*

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no, you have to get the turn right and in time. The bleep won't wait for you after you've reached the line, and as you get to the higher levels you'll have to have a good technique to keep you from lagging behind. one thing you need is trainers with good grip. Oh and good balance as well; being able to turn around swiftly and efficiently will definitely help. If you get really good and fast at the turning, over time you will cut down on a few seconds, it's this that might decide wether or not you pass.

M

MTW

yea good power in your legs to turn and lauch again...also alternate legs left and right so you dont just keep turning on one leg and wearing it out.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* the best way is to stop before the line and at the same time as turning place your foot behind the line and then just blast off again no need for doing a little dance *text deleted*.

C

critchmufc

i got 9.6 on the last bleep test i did, which was wen i was 14, im fitter now so i could do a lot better

but i imagine that will change after a god 'extra phys' from the cpls

C

critchmufc

personaly i dont see what is that difficult about hitting the line and turning:dontaskme:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know where i can download a beep test for a sony MP3 player, the one from the RM site's no good for me.

C

critchmufc

yeah, that didnt work for me either, i got one off the internet

cant remember now but just type in downloadable bleep test on google

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is the RM bleep test 20 or 25m? Ive never known for sure, people have told me different. Not a big problem not knowing, but good to know anyway.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its 20meters.
i was told that a good thing to do befor prmc is to test yourself over 25 meters with a tape designed for you to do 20 meters, and it will then be easier. not a great deal though.

Taylor.S

Reaction score
whats average score in bleep test good enough to pass, i remember at school i had a kid who could go to lvl 16, i havent tested myself recently but i used to be able 11 or 12, so should be better now.