Did you know!!?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
POST YOUR TRUE "DID YOUR KNOW'S"

It is estimated that for every tree that is planted in the world, 100 are chopped down and that also happens to be the rate of decline in rain forest, 100 trees are chopped down every minute throughout our worlds rain forests.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Elephants are the only animal that have 4 knees!

They are the only land mammal that can't jump.

They are the only land mammal that by definition cannot run.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
a rat can live longer than a camel with out water, Even though everyone makes a big deal about the camels hump being for storing water etc. and how long they can last without water, rats can actually last for longer but I guess it's more interesting/cooler to talk about camels because no-one really likes giving rats credit.

Yeah rats are pretty hardcore, I kinda like them, everyone sees a rat and hates them but I think *text deleted**text deleted* rats have hundreds of babies and massive familys and all they're trying to do is make ends meet. They're just trying to provide.

I admit some of the are ugly as *text deleted**text deleted* but they're kinda cool

Here's a fat rat for ya aswel

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
a rat can live longer than a camel with out water, Even though everyone makes a big deal about the camels hump being for storing water etc. and how long they can last without water, rats can actually last for longer but I guess it's more interesting/cooler to talk about camels because no-one really likes giving rats credit.

Yeah rats are pretty hardcore, I kinda like them, everyone sees a rat and hates them but I think *text deleted**text deleted* rats have hundreds of babies and massive familys and all they're trying to do is make ends meet. They're just trying to provide.

I admit some of the are ugly as *text deleted**text deleted* but they're kinda cool

Here's a fat rat for ya aswel

Camels do not store water in their humps, its a common mis conception.

Another misconception is that bees die when they sting you.
When they sting you they cannot simply pull it back out, they have to kind of unscrew it out, but we always brush them off too quickly which tears the sting off them all pulls their insides out!

Next time a bee stings you, leave it alone and it will rotate itself around and fly off unharmed!

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
There's more genetic difference between a horse and a zebra, than there is between a human and a chimp.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
A thimbleful of a neutron star would weigh over 100 million tons

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Camels do not store water in their humps, its a common mis conception.

Another misconception is that bees die when they sting you.
When they sting you they cannot simply pull it back out, they have to kind of unscrew it out, but we always brush them off too quickly which tears the sting off them all pulls their insides out!

Next time a bee stings you, leave it alone and it will rotate itself around and fly off unharmed!

I never knew that , what do camels have the hump for ?

Yeah, I'm really glad you said that about bees, that's pretty awesome , I guess it's human nature though to get the bringer of pain off you as fast as you can.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm really glad you said that about bees, that's pretty awesome , I guess it's human nature though to get the bringer of pain off you as fast as you can.

I dont feel wasp stings you know, something in my body makes me imune to it. *text deleted**text deleted*ed up but i just dont.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the hump stores fat.
be stings are barbed:
wiki said:
Although it is widely believed that a worker honey bee can sting only once, this is a partial misconception: although the sting is in fact barbed so that it lodges in the victim's skin, tearing loose from the bee's abdomen and leading to its death in minutes, this only happens if the victim is a mammal (or bird). The bee's sting evolved originally for inter-bee combat between members of different hives, and the barbs evolved later as an anti-mammal defense: a barbed sting can still penetrate the chitinous plates of another bee's exoskeleton and retract safely. Honey bees are the only Hymenoptera with a strongly barbed sting, though yellowjackets and some other wasps have small barbs.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've ever been stung by a wasp but I've been stung by bees loads, I remember though when I was 8 I saw a bee struggling and dying on the floor so I walked over to it and my mate said what you *text deleted* do, I don't know why but I just turned round and said I've not been stung by a bee for about 3 years , so I took my shoes and socks off and stood on it and let it sting me just to remember the feeling. Anyway my foot went numb for about 3 days and I remembered why bee stings aren't that great.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got stung by a bee once, when I was a kid. Was playing in my back garden with the gate open and as the bee stung me this woman was walking past, my mum thought she had hit me so without hesitating she just went out and kicked the *text deleted**text deleted* out of her haha.

hahaha that's a funny story, poor woman.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I wander why they have to unscrew it then if they're barbed.

I don't know the ins and outs but my mates dad is a bee keeper and he once showed me the sting thing, it stung its arm, then walked itself round about twice and flew off, he said it wouldn't die *text deleted* it still has everything intact and he gets really annoyed by people killing them by brushing them off.

I once tried to get some black ants and a red ant to fight on my hand, but the black ants didn't go near the red one and the red one just bit me!

S

Sotiris

....Now remember Robbie, lead wasps sting a little harder so don't go poking your head out of cover.

Did you know that in the last million years there have been 17 ice ages. When will the next one be?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I wander why they have to unscrew it then if they're barbed.
I don't know the ins and outs but my mates dad is a bee keeper and he once showed me the sting thing, it stung its arm, then walked itself round about twice and flew off, he said it wouldn't die *text deleted* it still has everything intact and he gets really annoyed by people killing them by brushing them off.
I once tried to get some black ants and a red ant to fight on my hand, but the black ants didn't go near the red one and the red one just bit me!
*text deleted*.
maybe it walks around to find a way to get the barb out? like with a fish hook.
to be fair if a bee is going to sting me i'm sure as sh*t going to brush the little *text deleted* off! *text deleted*
i used to have an ant farm as a kid and we'd put some red ants (solomon, not meadow-you know the longer ones that hurt when they bite) and watch the carnage. bit sick i guess, but was pretty cool, and the ants looks bored otherwise...

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yea I will certainly always brush them off too. But apparently they are always hesitant to sting anyway. Its wasps that sting just in order to exercise their right to do so!!

Getting ants to fight is pretty cruel, but I've done worse and I am ashamed.

I used to catch grasshoppers, remove their legs, then get two bikes upside down end to end with their back wheels touching, put the grass hopper between the two wheels and slowly turn the pedals of one bike and watch the grass hopper get crushed.

Then when I was older I used to remove the legs again but use them as ammo in my air rifle instead of 2.2 pellets and fire them through targets into a wall. Was funny at the time but it will be my ticket to hell!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Then when I was older I used to remove the legs again but use them as ammo in my air rifle instead of 2.2 pellets and fire them through targets into a wall. Was funny at the time but it will be my ticket to hell!
mate, that's genius if a little twisted.

S

Sotiris

And I'll be in the seat next to you Matt haha.

I used to catch fish with my friends and then crush them slowly in a vice or nail them to boards with nail guns.

Sigh...my ignorant youth..

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I once collected about 20 bees in a jar and didn't know what to do with them so I opened it up and none of the flew out so I just pissed in the jar(could have got my *text deleted**text deleted* stung lookin back) and they all died and I just tipped it on the floor outside my house and my mum was confused as to why their was 20 dead bees in a puddle of piss outside.

I also once stabbed a frog with a gardening fork and killed it

and I also once killed a butterfly with a shoe, I figured it was just like a moth so kill it and my mum told me never to kill butterflies as they're relaly nice and bring no harm in anyway.

Anyway this is more of a confession, I'm really not proud about those 3 things that I've done, I actually kind hate myself for it.

that was all when I was a really young kid so I do let myself off abit but do regret it really badly .

I haven't kill anything now for about 5 years, I just live in peace with everything. It's kinda funny because I'd much rather kill a person than an insect, I have no worries, I'll only kill anything now if it's for food to be honest.

I don't kill insects just because they're a pest, I just let them get on with it.

It's weird, I did kill a few snails the other night, I only realised I did because I heard the crunches under my feet, It was dark and I was just glad I was wearin shoes.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I tried firing butterflies out of my rifle with their wings ripped off, but they just exit the barrel as a small cloud of dust!

Yea, I always feel so guilty when stumbling home drunk at night and I hear the crunch of snails under feet.

If you get a crab drunk will it walk forwards?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
this is turning into "confessions of potential serial killers" *text deleted*
i used to catch bee and wasps by clapping my hands on them when thy were in mid air (stuns them if you cup your hands enough, if not it just squashes them, not good to anyone then) and make them fight in jam jars until one of them died. then i'd keep that one and catch another bee/wasp and keep going if they made 10 fights i'd release them. the bees did surprisingly well as i remember