Soup

Dinner

Weigh*text deleted**text deleted*chers meal
Jacket Potato
Beans on Toast

Snack

Yoghurt
Pint Of Milk
Low Calorie biscuit e.g rich tea, malted milk.

This is basically what im eating each day, keep in mind i am looking to loose weight not gain or maintain.

Excercise

Monday

100 press ups
200 sit ups
5 mile run

Tuesday

Football ( 5 a side )
100 press ups
200 sit ups

Wednesday

Swimming ( 40 lengths) - 20 breastroke, 20 normal
Half Hour Bike Ride

Thursday

100 press ups
200 sit ups
Gym ( Burn 1000 calories)

Friday

5 mile run ( 1.5 mile best effort included)
Football training

Saturday

100 press ups
200 sit ups
Just a walk to local shops and back about 3 mile.

Sunday

REST

Sorry i keep posting different diets and whatever just thought i would show what diet im going to stik to for the next few weeks. Any improvements or tips would be helpful.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
where u from in birmingham, im from birmingham too. im from great barr. i run to sutton coldfield and back.

we can train together if you want

cheers

smallzy

Reaction score
brummielad i don't think you're eating enough protein

you go too long exercising without enough protein your muscle mass will waste away along with fat. i'd add some turkey/fish/chicken/meat or protein shakes in that diet if I were you.

can of tuna is the best food you can eat i'd say.

25 p from lidl

140 calories, 32 grams of protein, eat 3 cans of that a day an *text deleted* the next arnold.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
140 calories, 32 grams of protein, eat 3 cans of that a day an *text deleted* the next arnold.
and you'll also be consuming dangerous levels of mercury if you do that for more than a week. chicken's good as it contains all the amino acids you need to repair muscle tissue

smallzy

Reaction score
and you'll also be consuming dangerous levels of mercury if you do that for more than a week. chicken's good as it contains all the amino acids you need to repair muscle tissue
oh, i didn't realise i was eating a thermometer

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
oh, i didn't realise i was eating a thermometer
tuna's well known for having mercury in it as are a lot of sea foods these days. personally i couldn't care less whether you eat it or don't, sup to you mate was just warning you...

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Too many BBQ's can give you cancer, eating salmon more than 1's a month can give you cancer e.t.c. I don't bother listening to it anymore. Live life how you want.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
loz think you've misread the previous posts mate:
the difference being between what you said and what i said of course is that mercury affects the nervous system and eating 3 tins a day for a week would give you enough mercury to cause irreparable damage to the nervous system, i'm not saying don't eat tuna, i'm saying don't eat 3 tins of it every day for seven days......
anyway that cancer thing's utter b*llocks, we all have cancer. right now. every single one of us. it's when the cancerous cells get out of control it's called "cancer" the BBQ thing etc is only that charcoal is a carcinogen (can cause more cancerous cells to form) as is nicotine and as with nicotine etc it take years for any damage to be caused, not days.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It all has the same outcome of death thats what I meant.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
loz, pay attention mate- too much mercury affects your nervous system, meaning you can't join the marines, i'm not saying you'll die....

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your talking about eating HUGE amounts of tuna to even slightly damage your nervous system. You need around 4-5 can's a day to cause damage.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
firstly loz you haven't looked into this properly yet. I have no more than 5 months ago written an essay for the degree i was studying (psychology and NEUROSCIENCE) on this exact topic (mercury in diet, not tuna specifically) and trust me there's loads of contradictory "evidence" one way or another.
To average it out though, if you eat 3 cans of tuna a day you are potentially consuming 120 micrograms of mercury per day (depending on brand), 8 times higher than the safety level for a weekmultiply that over one week and you have consumed 56 times more mercury in a week than the safety level, assuming you're training for the marines you'll be training for 4-6 months prior to RT so during that period you will have consumed an inordinate amount of mercury to levels that could affect balance, cognition and muscular reflexes all of which would hinder your progress through RT.
my point, at the start, which i'm guessing you must have missed, wasn't don't eat tuna, it was don't eat 3 tins a day for the entire time you're training as not only will you expose yourself to higher levels of mercury than recommended but chicken provides all of the amino acids required anyway... so if you're going to eat anything 3 times a day eat chicken.
since it was his post that kicked this off, what on earth happened to smallzy and his posts?

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i swear someone is editing posts because there are quotes from people that aint even posted.. who the hell keeps deleting posts...

also you may want to add more running into your training, by the looks of it you do

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i swear someone is editing posts because there are quotes from people that aint even posted.. who the hell keeps deleting posts...

also you may want to add more running into your training, by the looks of it you do 1 maybe 2 runs a week as you go to the gym.. if you go to the gym i hope your doing 1.5 on a tredmil and you need to run about 3 times a week minimum to improve your fitness and lose weight. long distance runs can be good for losing weight but your going to want to do short fast runs more often. i personally hated short fast runs but i soon found they weren't as boring as long distance runs.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
firstly loz you haven't looked into this properly yet. I have no more than 5 months ago written an essay for the degree i was studying (psychology and NEUROSCIENCE) on this exact topic (mercury in diet, not tuna specifically) and trust me there's loads of contradictory "evidence" one way or another.
To average it out though, if you eat 3 cans of tuna a day you are potentially consuming 120 micrograms of mercury per day (depending on brand), 8 times higher than the safety level for a weekmultiply that over one week and you have consumed 56 times more mercury in a week than the safety level, assuming you're training for the marines you'll be training for 4-6 months prior to RT so during that period you will have consumed an inordinate amount of mercury to levels that could affect balance, cognition and muscular reflexes all of which would hinder your progress through RT.
my point, at the start, which i'm guessing you must have missed, wasn't don't eat tuna, it was don't eat 3 tins a day for the entire time you're training as not only will you expose yourself to higher levels of mercury than recommended but chicken provides all of the amino acids required anyway... so if you're going to eat anything 3 times a day eat chicken.
since it was his post that kicked this off, what on earth happened to smallzy and his posts?
Ah :) I was going by the mass amount of post's on various other forums about the same subject. My apologies :).