Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Diet Help

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by amphibiousspoon, Jan 30, 2019.

1. amphibiousspoon

amphibiousspoon New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Hi guys,

Looking to improve my diet, I am 5’9” and 73kg (looking to get this to 75) currently living at home with parents.

I eat porridge or toast with peanut butter every morning, lunch I will have a meal deal from co-op (ham and cheese sandwich with oasis and bag of crisps) And for dinner pretty standard mix of pasta/salmon/chicken.

I can also find myself quite hungry and snacking on sugary snacks in between meals.

Would anyone have any advice or know of any diet plans, any tips are appreciated!

2. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Co-op??? You going Y.O.?

Get yourself to poundland for lunchtime deals matey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TheBreak

TheBreak New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’d stop the meal deals for a start. If you can afford a meal deal, you can afford a loaf of bread or pasta and some chicken to go with it as a basic. If you want to gain weight it’s a simple equation. Eat more than you’re burning. Try adding an extra meal or expand the meals you’re eating now to bigger portions.

I’m a sucker for snacks too, but I’ve started having oats in an evening with Nutella and fruit and carrot sticks in the day. I’m also partial to some mixed nuts in the day, good fats and all that.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It's difficult for anyone here to offer nutritional advice and I'm certainly not qualified to do so. But some general observations: arguably Cheryl Cole (or whatever she's calling herself today) could maintain her slim figure if she was on your stated diet. :)

I'll make a suggestion about breakfast. Consider a muesli mix (the no-added sugar variety) with one diced banana. It can be spiced up with chopped dates, prunes, figs, or whatever, to taste. I'll wager that this will defeat snack cravings better than the sugar rush hit of peanut butter on toast. And it's compatible with family life too. Lidl, Aldi and other such stores sell such stuff at reasonable prices.

Your height/bodyweight ratio appears to be in what most BMI metrics consider to be 'healthy normal'. I'm about the same as you on a 'thin' day.

How much phys are you cracking on that diet? More than me I hope.

• Like Like x 2
  5. amphibiousspoon

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I’ll defo try substitute the sugary snacks to mixed nuts!

6. amphibiousspoon

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I’ll give the muesli a go in the mornings!

I’m pre PJFT so am running 4 times a week split between mocks, intervals and hill sprints.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maverick200597

Maverick200597 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    @amphibiousspoon check out the royal marine recruitment page on youtube, they have a playlist named 'marine in 15' with some great quick and easy meals for all times of the day. I found the super smoothie to be a great sugar cravings killer and it replaces sugary snacks with proper nutrition and clean calories. Hope this helps (if you haven't seen it already).

• Like Like x 1
  8. amphibiousspoon

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Awesome thanks!!