Diet

Roy Brown

Reaction score
The thread i,m about to write contains the word chocolate in it the same as pretty much all my threads *text deleted*. Should go get a job in Cadbury's rather than join the Marines but on to my question anyway. I was flicking through some threads the other day when i noticed one guy who had a pretty decent level for running, press ups, sit ups, pull ups all that stuff and he also posted his diet. His diet consisted of 2 chocolate bars during the day as well as a packet of crisps and rather than eating extremely healthily his diet looked like he just had a bit of meat here and there during the day. So like i said he was at a good level fitness-wise which got me thinking is it really that important to only eat bad stuff say every few weeks or would eating one small bad thing each day with the rest of your good stuff really make that much difference? I find it doesn't make a difference personally.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* I eat a lot of good stuff, with a well balanced diet, but I also eat a lot of *text deleted**text deleted*. I feel that my level of fitness is quite good.

Roy Brown

Reaction score
That was kind of what i was saying Fletch i weren't suggesting i'm going to have 7 chocolate bars 4 packets of crisps and mcdonald's each day but i feel eating 5 small meals a day and replacing an apple i have or something with a chocolate bar won't make much difference. Plus i'm only young and just over 8 stone so i need a bit of fatty crap *text deleted*.

M

MTW

The thread i,m about to write contains the word chocolate in it the same as pretty much all my threads *text deleted*. Should go get a job in Cadbury's rather than join the Marines but on to my question anyway. I was flicking through some threads the other day when i noticed one guy who had a pretty decent level for running, press ups, sit ups, pull ups all that stuff and he also posted his diet. His diet consisted of 2 chocolate bars during the day as well as a packet of crisps and rather than eating extremely healthily his diet looked like he just had a bit of meat here and there during the day. So like i said he was at a good level fitness-wise which got me thinking is it really that important to only eat bad stuff say every few weeks or would eating one small bad thing each day with the rest of your good stuff really make that much difference? I find it doesn't make a difference personally.
some people can indeed eat whatever they want and not put on a pound, but at the end of the day, they wont be healthy on the insides, also no matter how good your metabolism is now, come 26 it will catch up with you big style.

Mat

Reaction score
Personally I would say, you are what you eat regardless of metabolism and youthfulness. What you put in will affect what comes out so if you want to improve and get fit then while you dont have to be an obsessive bodybuilder type, it does help to go for healthy alternatives.

Drop the chocolate and have some fruit or nuts instead mate. Or if you really crave something sweet then go for a bit of natural peanut butter.

For me the diet made a huge difference, when I started eating healthy(ish) I was awake, full of energy and getting much better results with my running and the like than when I was on a crappy diet of ready meals and processed junk.
Of course its fine to have some junk every now and then but dont make junk a staple of your diet.