Diet

Lead Poison1981

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Need a bit of help with my daily food intake. I'm busting my backside in the gym but I feel my diet is letting me down a bit. My weight is slowly creeping up aswell as my strength. I reckon I could do with dropping a bit of body fat.

Brek: Omlette with chives cooked with rapeseed oil, Protein shake with milk (35g protein), Banana. (This could sometimes be porridge, honey and a protein shake).

Snack: 20g Almonds with some Sultanas.

Dinner: 200g Steamed Veg, can of Tuna.

Snack: Protein shake with water, Banana.

*text deleted* GYM *text deleted*

Tea: This is where I sometimes mess up but I am trying to keep to a smaller portion.

It is purely a fat-loss diet I am trying to keep to at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated. I have just started reading a book called 'Testosterone Advantage'. Anyone else read it?

Cheers

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
There have been 150,000 threads on this recently.

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=48536[/url]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=48505[/url]

no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=1116[/url]

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well actually it's not exactly that simple, eat less carbs, snack less, more protein in your diet.. Cardio etc etc, as vTomasi said, there's numerous threads to look at

S

stokey_14

No need for a protein shake as well as a omelette in my opinion. You can get to much protein in on sitting. Too much of any nutrient will either be passed as wasted or stored as fat.

As said use the search bar and read all you can from this site on weight loss. It is fairly simple and easy to do once you know the basics.

stokey

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Eat less carbs, do more cardio! Quite simple mate
Why would someone with a high daily calorie usage want a low carb diet?

In the morning get your starchy complex carbs in through the forms of porridge! Lean meats (usually chicken breast) and whole grain rice go together well with mixed veg/ salad. Fill up on the good stuff, it is literally 90% diet with training.

You get out what you put in!
Eat crap, feel crap.

S

stokey_14

Lowering intake or controlling carb timing is one of the most effective ways to cut weight. (not the only admittedly) With a short adaptation period of 1-2 weeks for most people and an increased fat intake you'd soon start to use fat as your main energy source.

Certainly cutting grains down seems to be very beneficial for a lot of people.

Since January 6th (roughly) i've gone from a post Christmas chubby 88 Kg down to 76.8 Kg (this morning).

My lifts have all gone up (deadlift is now at the same as it was when i was a big 100 Kg'er in collage and I?m hoping for a new PB on Friday) I'm over head pressing more than my body weight and my conditioning hasn't suffered. In fact the drop in weight has made a lot of bodyweight stuff notably easier (PB'd on my 100 burpee time a few days ago)

So as you can see there is a lot of reasons I personally support carb controlling. I am not anti-carbs I just think a lot of people (certainly non athletes but athletes also) over estimate there need for carbs. Or get them from less that optimal foods.

5 days a week my only carb intake comes for a ton of veggies, a little fruit and small amounts from things like nuts, nut butters etc

I then have one days where I eat moderate carbs. Maybe a sweet potato before my workout then some fruit and dark choc with my shake directly after. And finally each Friday I?ll have another moderate to high day (tend to have moderate one week high the next) High carbs being carbs with all 4 meals.

Stokey

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

In the morning get your starchy complex carbs in through the forms of porridge! Lean meats (usually chicken breast) and whole grain rice go together well with mixed veg/ salad. Fill up on the good stuff, it is literally 90% diet with training.

You get out what you put in!
Eat crap, feel crap.
Eating less carbs helps with losing weight? That was the whole point of this thread. But yes you are right, if you train long and hard everyday, you are sure to need carbs!

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't see it was in reference to weight loss, just thought it was another general diet thread.

I lost 10kg and now weigh 70-72
This was through having 3 block meals a day, snacking on low fat rice cakes and running a hell of a lot.
I lost weight, run faster and feel fitter!