Differences between PRMC and PRMC (r)

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by The Creature of the Night, Jul 11, 2018.

1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi all
    Sorry if this question’s been asked before but, what are the main differences between the two?
    Best wishes
    The Creature of the Night

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Most (but not all) PRMRC's are conducted in the region rather than CTC.

Although the standards are broadly the same, there tends to be a greater degree in latitude to take into account that RMR Recruit Training is spread over a longer period with a more gradual build-up in fitness (augmented by holding troops) and longer periods of recovery between organised phys sessions.

So far as I'm aware, at present a PRMRC conducted away from CTC is not accepted in lieu of a regular sevice PRMC for entry.

3. The Creature of the Night

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thank you, Ninja.

I believe the PRMRC for my detachment (Bristol) is held at Lympstone.
    I'll be cracking on and hopefully pass it when fitness is at that standard.

4. Bootra

Bootra Royal Marines Commando

Yes Bristol conduct the PRMCR at CTC from a Friday night until Sunday afternoon. It follows the same pattern as a regular PRMC, and you conduct exactly the same tests, it’s just that the timeframe is condensed. You will probably do the 3 miler, gym tests and bottom field on the Saturday and the endurance course on the Sunday morning. So the Saturday will be a complete hangout, and you will be in bits doing the EC the next day! Bristol ranks are lucky in that they utilise CTC throughout training. So when it comes to being there for the 2 week courses they already have a heads up compared to those from other units.

5. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Same with RMR London. PRMC is done at Lympstone over a weekend. Same tests as the regs, just condensed into 2 days of solid phys. Plenty of diaries of PRMC(R)s on here, so have a read.

6. The Creature of the Night

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thank you.
    Will certainly work well beyond the standards set (e.g. 3 miler in 22:30) to ensure I've got the best chance of passing it.