Different feelings

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i am really interested in joining the RM and been the best of my ability and striving for excellence that is one ofthe main things that appeals to me

although most of the time im really excited and think it would be a great thing to do especially as im not the sort of 9-5 day job but then other days i feel like i shouldnt join?

anyone else ever felt like this.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ye i think that everyone feels like that some days but just crack on with *text deleted* trainin an keep thinkin how much u want 2 join an keep thinkin it's the right decision

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i would agree most people who want to join would think that at some point.. i've thought, do i really want this much hard work when i can just have something that is just a bit worse but easier and do i really want to go there and do that sorta stuff, but then other days im really up for it and have a huge burst of motivation to do everything.

But all in all if you have made your mind up you want to join then that will stick with you, no matter what you hear being said about the armed forces, why settle for something less and easier when you can have all you want for a bit of hard work (ok well maybe not just a bit of hard work)

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Nerves

I think the nerves and uncertainty is acquired from frustration that a lot of people get whilst waiting to start basic training.

Its at that point that you'll be getting impatient and at times wondering if this is the career that you want to choose for yourself.

If you know any current or former serving Bootnecks try and take the opportunity to ask them if they're sure they made the right choice whe the joined the Corps and that if given the opportunity would they do it all over again.

I think you'll find 99 times out of a hundred, the answer will be yes.

So, try to overcome the frustration if you're feeling it and remain focused on your goal.

All the very best

Steve

ps: I felt exactly the same when I came close to joining up.

Latest posts

New Threads