Digging Deep

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Guys: I had a gruelling fitness circuit session last night and really had to dig deep to perform at a high level through out the session, which I did.

During times like this I drift my mind back to my basic training, the assault course, the speed marches and the endurance course. The fast and furious fizz sessions.

This line of thought never fails me and for some reason I draw a higher level of strength and endurance from it.

Various types of music also allow me to dig deeper, but the memories of basic training during the Fizz sessions works every time.

So, do any of you guys use anything similar to draw more physical energy from?

Cheers

Steve

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Guys: I had a gruelling fitness circuit session last night and really had to dig deep to perform at a high level through out the session, which I did.

During times like this I drift my mind back to my basic training, the assault course, the speed marches and the endurance course. The fast and furious fizz sessions.

This line of thought never fails me and for some reason I draw a higher level of strength and endurance from it.
Various types of music also allow me to dig deeper, but the memories of basic training during the Fizz sessions works every time.

So, do any of you guys use anything similar to draw more physical energy from?

Cheers

Steve

Give you arse a good going over with Talc.....try it.

Know it sounds bloody daft, but it helps you not feel like your sweating, means you carry on longe because the pyschological effects dont play on your head.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Edit

Stacka mate: I had to edit your post as for some reason it didn't display all of it.

Strange one that one.

Anyway: This is the first I've heard of that type of approach, although I prefer to get a sweat on during my work outs. I suppose its like oiling the parts.

Cheers

Steve

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I like sweating too, it means you're somewhere in the region of pushing yourself when you get off the floor and you step in the puddle of sweat, you know you just pushed yourself!

Anyway I like to think back to things that I regret doing or saying, I know life's too short to be living in the past but it brings the anger and frustration out and as the state of mind goes..

"Anger makes you slow
Anger makes you heavy
It clouds judgement
It makes mistakes
But anger controlled
IS STRENGTH
A wounded friend to carry
A desert to cross
Commandos don't waste anger
They channel it!"

So that's my computer desktop wallpaper as it's such an inspirational quote for me!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Nah that would work for me, would my my run look funny and be uncomfortable.

robigunner88

Reaction score
I generally think back to other physical things that i've done in the past that have really challenged me but I succecced at and just tell myself that this is nothing compared to that.

Another way I dig deep is I just think of all the crap i've delt with from other people and just push myself. This sort of makes me feel like i'm proving a point somehow and showing them that i can actually do something.

My other method is thinking about my mate ( not in a gay way) as he's in the French Foreign Legion in their elite parachute regiment 2REP ( which is pretty mental considering of his education and still only being 19). He seems to get a lot of s*text deleted*t thrown at him mentally, physically, aswell as the whacky punishments. I just say to myself that i'm going through nothing compared to him.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i think of a few things.

in all fitness over all i tend to think "marine training harder than this, so push harder and have it easier"
of course it will always be 10 times bloody harder in training becauses its always about best effort.

when im running i will think of a fast rock song i like and sing the fast bit in my head which pushes me to go faster.

then i have songs from films and videos i have watched about the armed forces and seeing them running about in the battle ground and i just generally imagin myself in different senario's like running to help my mate or running towards someone to get a better shot to kill them *text deleted*. of course i miss out all the stopping bits.

again in the past i have done PT with some royal marine PTI's through the cadets and i just repeat all the encouragment they shout, something along the lines of "get *text deleted* moving or you'll be *text deleted* doing it until im satisfied your working hard enough"

and finally "the faster i do it the faster it will be over".

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Nah that would work for me, would my my run look funny and be uncomfortable.

Not so just think of sex and gain access to the third leg..*text deleted* (It does look a bit funny tho, bit like the hunchback of notredame) (Yeth mathster):toung:

Soz steve dont mean to poo poo your thread *text deleted*..You what wonna fight eh? eh? (now you know I joke right?)

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Soz steve dont mean to poo poo your thread *text deleted*..You what wonna fight eh? eh? (now you know I joke right?)

Before you could throw a punch you'd feel the full force of Steves forehead against your nose as the blood sprays through the air and down your face, you then stumble back and fall to the floor! (Been reading too much of your book Steve)

Enjoy your attempt, Crackhour =P

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Nah Mate...

I got mind control over steve, he'd be like "Shut the fu*k up".....And I'd be quiet, But when he leave...I'd be talking again!!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* crackhour good luck mate steve would eat you ALIVE =]

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I start hanging out, I push myself harder and refuse to give up, I think about my goal and reaching it without stopping, and I just think of how much I want to be a royal, and then because I'm thinking off all that I'm fine again!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Crackhour, your not going to turn into another MR T are you????

God every one is a kickboxing, nijitus, origami master.

Look you know your going to jack *text deleted**text deleted*e, so please dont waste your energy.....this site is for advice and information. Not have a pop at the next man, Blocky was having a little play.....and you go and throw your toys out your pram.

That to me shows you have done as much martial arts, as a blind midget with one leg, simply becasue you cant control that "raving maniac" thing going on, and in theatre that is a very very very dangerous thing!

And the way your talking, the people that are running from you also have their hands over their arse ring.

Behave please Crackhour, dont show your self up.

Stacka

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
but you forget steeve is a black belt in ninjitsu. so thats why most people would jump to the conlcusion, but if you are a black belt, or eqivilent or even higher then fair enough. but at the end of the day i dont exactly want to change this thread into, who can beat up steve so i will shush now *text deleted*...

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
but you forget steeve is a black belt in ninjitsu. so thats why most people would jump to the conlcusion, but if you are a black belt, or eqivilent or even higher then fair enough. but at the end of the day i dont exactly want to change this thread into, who can beat up steve so i will shush now *text deleted*...

ZZ *text deleted* got a black belt by the way.................

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
..................Its a Kelvin Klien one from Turkey

MT6690

Reaction score
I do, this maybe stupid but the more time your thinking of it that extra more your doing, i know some people think about running through there m8s moms body...:sick: maybe slightly wrong *text deleted*. i personally i imagine myself on holiday.:sailor: