Dislocated Knee

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by RyanL67, Mar 10, 2018.

1. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Good evening fellas,
    I am writing this to get some advice for the Royal Marines. Recently I've been in and out of physiotherapy for my knee because last month I was playing football as any 16 year old would and I pooped my knee out of place. My application has already been submitted before my injury. My question is what should I do.
    Thanks
    Leafy

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

The Corps tend to be risk averse with regard lower limb injuries due to the nature of Recruit Training.

A history of repeat dislocations will be a significant issue. In any event, for a one-off dislocation, I'd imagine you'll need to be several months clear of the injury and produce a rigorous training diary to demonstrate that it is unlikely to recur in training.

Possibly @CHUB! maybe a little more familiar with regard dislocated knees and the circumstances which you must meet in order to be passed fit.

Best of luck & a speedy recovery.

• Seen Seen x 2
  3. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Its only the one off and I've made a speedy recovery physio said I will be back training by the end of next week

4. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

You need to get all the details for your medical. If you can get it before Capita request it the timescale will be reduced. I have a feeling you will have to do a 3 month training diary but will confirm tomorrow.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Yes it is a 3 month training diary. Get it started now and you won't have to wait. :)

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I have the all clear off my GP who seen me he is writing s letter for evidence for my upcoming medical and I'm getting my medical records sent to me via GP for it so hopefully I can pass :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    And for the diary do I have to put what exercises I done at the gym

8. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I should imagine the diary will have to be to the minimum of something like “three 20 - 30 minute runs a week and one load carry of 6 miles with 10kg”.

That’s what mine was because of a previous knee injury.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Unfortunately, the GP isn't the person that makes the decision with regard fitness to serve, they can record and report the injury, treatment & recovery, together with the timeline and period symptom-free, post recovery.

For a training diary, as indicated above, following a dislocation, you need to record training sesssions, matches, walks carrying weight and runs not carrying weight. In other words a relatively high-intensity training record which indicates you should be able to undergo the rigours of recruit training without recurrence of the injury.

The tip is to build up gradually and augment the evidence with a walking or running app that counts steps & runs, such as Map my Run and is more credible with regards evidence than a hand-written diary which could easily be fabricated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks Ninja right I volunteer at my local gym and they have this system which shows me what excerises I have done is that a good Idea to show them

11. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, any phys independently recorded is better than handwritten by the individual.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RyanL67

RyanL67 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Right I've got the app which shows me what I've done so if I can show it via apps is that much better than a handed writen one and for my runs does it have to be 2x 1.5 mile or any distance