Dislocated shoulder surgery

JayJ10255

Reaction score
Had 2 dislocations in the same shoulder, second one happened on bottom field on my PRMC. Been advised I need some form of stability operation but can’t be told exactly what one, Can anyone shed some more light on what sort of surgery will be needed on here or been in the same situation/been through a shoulder surgery and got back in training? Cheers

WHATAMELT

Reaction score
Had 2 dislocations in the same shoulder, second one happened on bottom field on my PRMC. Been advised I need some form of stability operation but can’t be told exactly what one, Can anyone shed some more light on what sort of surgery will be needed on here or been in the same situation/been through a shoulder surgery and got back in training? Cheers
If its something minor i.e. a tear in the cartilage, then it should be a fairly simple operation.
If its something a little more major, like a snapped tendon as well as a tear in the cartilage, then it can be a little more invasive and result in a longer recovery period. The latter being my own personal experience.

At my medical, there were no concerns raised regarding my shoulder. But i assume it can vary depending on the Doctor conducting the medical - I would assume that you would have to re-pass the medical following an operation - but I could be incorrect on this.

To get the definitive answer to your question, you need to speak to a GP/Surgeon and have an MRI - even still, from my own personal experience, they dont really know what they are dealing with until they get in there and have a route around.

Again, all of the above is just my own personal experience.

Good luck with getting it sorted!