Dissertation

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
Just want you all to feel sorry for me to be honest, as I have been sat in doors for the majority of this luxurious weather doing my methodology and literature review :eek:h: I actually hate my life right now!

NOBODY EVER GO TO UNIVERSITY :blink1:

RAY_GRYLLS

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:iagree:

My deadline is thursday morning. I currently have at least 5200 words to do. :flushed:

Why do I leave assignments to the last minute?

On a positive note, my procrastination has lead to an increase in my fitness and my corps knowledge.

Edit: The sentences of my structure are rapidly deteriorating

Janner

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dissertations are rubbish.

I managed to leave starting my 3rd year dissertation till 3 days before the hand in. Managed to smash out 17,000 words in 3 days and nights. Not fun.

Currently sat on the patio working on my 4th year dissertation which is a group project! Complete nightmare trying to get everyone organised, especially when English isn't the first language for 2/5 of the group.

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
:iagree:

My deadline is thursday morning. I currently have at least 5200 words to do. :flushed:

Why do I leave assignments to the last minute?
:uglyhammer:

Tell me about it mate! The story of every students life I guess! We have the opportunity to do it earlier, don't be silly..."Don't do something today that you can do tomorrow"..that soon come back to bite you in the..!

Oh well, not long to go i guess then we have our quests for the green beret to look forward to!

Response to your previous message; Near Buxton, a small place called Chapel-en-le- Frith.

One question though, why are we sat on here with all this work to be done ahah..we will never learn :bigsmile:

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
Dissertations are rubbish.

I managed to leave starting my 3rd year dissertation till 3 days before the hand in. Managed to smash out 17,000 words in 3 days and nights. Not fun.

Currently sat on the patio working on my 4th year dissertation which is a group project! Complete nightmare trying to get everyone organised, especially when English isn't the first language for 2/5 of the group.
I feel for you can mate, i really don't know how you left it to 3 days before your hand-in date, that must of been horrific!!

As far as group work goes i hate it, you have all ways got a couple of Idiots in your group that do half as much work as the rest. Got a group assignment going on at the minute as well. I don't which is more horrendous !

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
And here I am feeling sorry for myself having to do 3000 words for a literature essay :unsure:

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
17000 in 3 days!! That makes me feel a bit better about my situation.

Ray, i've been through there. Its nice and close to the peak for climbing etc.

JamieC

Reaction score
We're off to the pub after college for tea in the beer garden. I'll be thinking of you all ;)

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
17000 in 3 days!! That makes me feel a bit better about my situation.

Ray, i've been through there. Its nice and close to the peak for climbing etc.
yes, its a nice place. lots of hills to go out running in! I have never herd of the place you are from though?! Thought you may be near to me so we of could perhaps looked at training together! Nobody from the area i live seems to be wanting to join the RM!! A lot of lonely runs for me ahah.

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
We're off to the pub after college for tea in the beer garden. I'll be thinking of you all ;)
F*text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* B*text deleted**text deleted**text deleted*

I will leave that to your imagination :rolleyes:

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I know how you lot feel, just get it done with and look forward to some pleasant exams.

I had to complete my final year work a week early last year since I had to attend my POC, and it certainly made me more organised! Handing it in is the best feeling ever. No, actually, it's the first mouthful of cider afterwards.

Good luck lads!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
As a 2nd year I'm pretending dissertations don't exist for as long as possible, though I am currently doing a module in preparation for it, which is the vaguest module I have ever done. Had a meeting with my tutor about it yesterday, I asked what I needed to do for the 10 minute presentation, and apparently they have no guidelines. I hate presentations and I hate not knowing what I'm supposed to do!

Oh well Easter next week :smile:.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
And here i thought that uni was all partying and getting drunk...:smile1:

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Boom. 4500 to go.

Oh and Ray, i'm not that close to you, probs about 50 miles away (worryingly close to Liverpool).

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
Oh dear, could think of nicer places to be based near :cheesy:

I have dragged my self out of bed early today so i can crack out a couple of hours on the Methodology, then go and smash some legs in the gym, then off for a round of golf! Try and enjoy some of the sun!!

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
3800 words to go and bits of other work to sort it out. 10 hours and counting. :wacko:

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
3800 words to go and bits of other work to sort it out. 10 hours and counting. :wacko:
13 hours later. . . . . . . . . . . . ???

How did it go?

Janner

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It was a school boy error leaving it that late last year. Still haven't actually read what I wrote. Especially as it was a very boring topic.

Back out in the garden working away on my project, mixing it up with the evil russian press up program this week.

Dug, how'd you get on? Did you manage to get it in?

RAY_GRYLLS

Reaction score
The suspense is agonising... this was Dug 20 minutes before hand in.. :notes:

Now addicted to some sort of drug in order to mask the pain..

probably never to be seen again.