Diving

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys i just got back from a dive and i have a rotten headache i have had it for 2 days now, any ideas what this could be?

cliffhanger

Reaction score
How deep were you? How bad is the pain?

It could be CO2 retention, which is when you skip a breath or you have been breathing too shallow. You need to make sure you are breathing out fully.

Also, make sure you drink plenty of water before and after diving.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
^^What he said! What level diver are you? i am qualified but havent been in a long time which is a shame as i really enjoyed it!

cliffhanger

Reaction score
Haha, not bad for a guess then?

I only have a Junior Open Water from about 3 years ago, but I did alot of reading up about it earlier this year, when I was hoping to join my local club. But sadly, because the membership person didn't reply to my email, I lost interest and started Mountain Biking instead!:racer: (Sorry, Closest I could find:tongue:)

Would love to get back into it, but lack of equipment, money (at the moment as I used it all on my bike) and someone to dive with, says otherwise.:sad2:

Anyway, I have bored you enough for now.:cool:

Mike

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey guys i just got back from a dive and i have a rotten headache i have had it for 2 days now, any ideas what this could be?

Did you dive head first into the bottom of pool?:doh:

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest with diving it could be a series of things, he could even just have a migraine. Till he replies no one can answer really as does depend on the depth of diving!

Yes main reasons i do not get back into it are distinct lack of funds equipment and someone to dive with!

Mountain biking sounds pretty awesome though!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes mate it can be! Best way is to do an Open Water Divers Course ( that is the qualification by PADI) and meet some people to go diving with, you can usually rent all the equipment from your local diving store.

That dive course is the basic one but means your legally able to dive, you do 4 dives and a pool dive and some lessons and that. Is good fun :) You need some mates to do with you so you have people to dive with though. Make sure they are sensible or know the time an place as diving with an idiot would not be a good idea. ;-) sure you would know that.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I love diving :blink1:

Not too keen on watersports though he he

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think the headache was due to not drinking enough. so its all fine *text deleted*.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet so if you pass your a professional diver! Is quite a hard course i believe not at that level myself. Who is your instructor out of interest?