Dizzyness

Reaction score
Have been fairly fit for a while, but upped my training about 1.5 months ago now.
Started a circuit a few days ago, got really dizzy, pushed on for a bit then stopped.
Did one today, same thing and had to stop.
It's really weird, hasn't happened when i go running. Did a 3 miler last night in 20.32 mins, (bloody hilly route) so i'm not unfit, just wondering what the hell is going on. It's really irritating.

Edit to add I'm not dehydrated i drink about 3l of water a day.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
you taking rest days and eating enough? rest is as important as the exercises you do.

Reaction score
I have rest days and i think i eat enough.
And it doesn't happen when i run (so far) just during circuits.

Knockton

Reaction score
could be sumthin to do with breathing while your doing the exercises, some people just dont breathe and go red int face *text deleted*

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Try drinking during the circuit if your not already.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Dizzyness is related to oxygen and the brain, so you could not be breathing properly when doing cicuits i.e. holding your breath when doing press ups, or even breathing too quickly when its not ncessary.

Also try shaking off after each exercise in the circuit (no, not the naughty thing I do on nights I cant see your mum) just shaking the limbs and joints, it encourages the blood flow to and from the muscles.

Reaction score
Turns out i had an ear infection...means i will be dizzy for a few weeks apparently.
Goody.....

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
oh thats good, *text deleted* my next suggestion was that you put the lid back on the meths!

massey92

Reaction score
its proberbly *text deleted* body geting used to the new training programme

reid81

Reaction score
I get a little of the same, I dont think Im breathing properly during circuit exercises.
Any tips on those chaps?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well wen i strech really hard i go proper dizzy and feel all weird dunno if its similar but sure feels good even tho prob meens av got summet wrong wi mi:wondering:

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I always feel dizzy for about 10 mins after a 3 or more mile run, then get a mad headache later, i drink loads of water before, during and after and try to breathe properly:weird: ...oh an i get plenty of rest.

et-adams

Reaction score
Before any exercise, I like to spin in tiny concentric circles, sat in an office chair. Using this method, if any dizzyness sets in, it is immediately negated by the initial dizzyness. On occasion, the direction of chair dizzyness vs. regular dizzyness will match. ie. counterclockiwse. This is called the double-trouble-dizzy-double, and one should sit down immediately.