do i drop out of college?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
college isn't going to well at the moment. i'm scheduled to finish this may but it takes up a lot of my time because of the work load, i'm struggling with the work and i'm either going to get booted off soon or its going to take loads more of my personal time out of it. I've had to give up sport outside of college for the last 3 months because i haven't got time for it.

i'm so focused and motivated on the marines and its all i can think about. I want to start preparating and training properly again. I already have a minor college qualification that i received on a previous course. I don't know whether to just stick with it and hope for the best, or drop out and train and focus on the process of becoming a marine.

any advice or lads in the same position??

cheers,

luke

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well *text deleted* with the ''closure of ctcrm'' late 2008, if it happens, it has given me a boost to get down there asap. so up to you mate its your choice are you doing a levels?

RH

Reaction score
im in the same position luke
6th form is sh1te and i all i wana do is get down to lympstone and be a royal marine commando
BUT
seeing as we both finish may time mate all we can do is crack on do what we can
no point in quitting now mate the finish line is in site : )

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
alrite *text deleted*, im doin the equivalent to 3 A levels in light vehicle repair. its a handy subject but the course is *text deleted**text deleted*e, the people who run it couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and the lecturers dont give a *text deleted**text deleted*.

oh well, only a few months left!

Azza01

Reaction score
whats this closure of ctcrm about then?, have i missed something :S...

Azza01

Reaction score
Oh its april 1st, whoops! :applaus: Was *text deleted* say thats outrageous if it was true *text deleted*

Aussie89

Reaction score
yea i would have to agree with staying in college. As was previously said the marines wont be going anwhere

at least yours is only may. i want to leave uni but im sticking it out for another 3 years. i will just be all the more prepared

good luck with whatever you decide mate

Creed

Reaction score
I'm in the same position also *text deleted*

I too finished in may on the 2nd not long now

i chose to finish my course because

1: you may find Marines is not for you ( i know it feels right and it's all you *text deleted* do but still anything can happen)

2: you may get injured , fail or drop out ect

3:you have something to come back too after your service

it's only untill next month just stick to it and crack on