Do you learn unarmed combat in the marines?

Mark_Cox

Reaction score
If so how long for and what do you learn grappling, punching etc?

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I belive you're 'taught' alot but wether you get to do it unless you're in the Royal Marines Visual Team I don't know. You get taught how to rip peoples throats out and balls off.. It was on Commando: On The Front Line. (Obviously you don't get to practise this else there would be no Marines and alot of Medical Discharges, if you are lucky enough to have survived *text deleted*).

eagleeye

Reaction score
Yer you do a bit in training mate.Dont join for it though our troop has only done it once.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm told you do a few hours' worth of unarmed combat on the mats in CS95 during Recruit Training, basically it focuses on "how to bring a man down".

The Commando Display Team undergo a fair bit of training in this area (2 or more months' worth) and last time I saw them, it shows, as they are brilliant to watch. They use a great deal of humour in their displays if you watch closely, they always seem to end up black & blue too as they don't always pull their punches.

My advice, if you ever get the opportunity to watch a Commando Display Team in action, make every effort to go and see them.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
So basically.
1. Shoot them
2. No gun or ammo? Throw something at them * repeat as is necessary
3. Get too close to you, pull out a knife, broken mirror, toothpick whatever is handy and stab em * repeat as is necessary
4. Nothing to stab with? Poke out an eye, pull off testicles/ear, ram combat boot at high speed into them *repeat as is necessary

In case you have no weapon are they have loads of ammo coming at you with AK-47's run like hell and call for artillery? Or ambush them, capture their weapons and give the other bastards their bullets back?

New Threads