Do you want to be a Bootneck?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Bootra, Feb 28, 2015.

1. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That's incredible to hear, and Well Done to him for passing and getting so far so young, I hope he Passes and gets handed that Green Beret!!
    Fair Play to him, I read about how well he done in your posts and he definitely sounds like one to watch out for, he definitely sounds like he will succeed and I wish him All the Best!! His work will pay off.

He has been in good hands from how you helped him and how you said you're Ex-Army.

It really does look like a tough station and every moments effort will be worth it. And dreaming about it but not understanding it wouldn't do the work any justice so your advice to learn about it will be taken well.

I cant wait!! And I bet your Boy cant either so if he starts to find it tough going he'll be alright, he sounds like he'll fly through it!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Best way to do it I'd imagine. I hope for him and the effort he put in that the next so many weeks will go well. But dealing with the "closest crocodile" and rolling with the punches as they come makes sense.

3. inspir3

inspir3 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I agree with this post 100% however I will throw it out there that here and there I do some heavy Olympic lifts.. bench every now and then but more specifically deadlifts and overheadpress.. with squats thrown in sometimes too.. I don't do them often but they work wonders for building overall strength and it makes the bodyweight exercises so much easier.. my advice would be every now and then do throw these into a workout.. lift heavy with them (no more than 5 reps tops)

• Like Like x 3
  4. TTT

TTT New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Bootra couldn't be more right. On my application the AFCO said "Don't worry about getting building yourself up or running with boots and weights or lifting. Pass PRMC and RT will shape you into what they need."

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. TimH

TimH Member

I'm not somebody who thinks Rippetoe is infallible, but here's an excellent explanation of why heavy squatting cannot be replaced by cardiovascular work;

“There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.”
    Mark Rippetoe, Starting Strength

6. JollyGolly

JollyGolly Royal Marines Commando

In my eyes Training all aspects of FITNESS is the way to go. Not split day /body part training, as this is not a functional way of training. i do not believe that there is such a thing as over training, as long as you know when your body needs rest thats the main thing. As i have already seen on this feed Train Smart.

7. Rurali

Rurali New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    cheers!