does anyone know about?

bkp130

Reaction score
international recruitment

i am looking on starting the application process but currently live in australia.

does anyone know if there are any offices in australia or specifically melbourne?

any help would be greatly appreciated

bkp130

Reaction score
hey thanks. it dosnt look like there are offices in australia.

do you know if it would be possible to do all if not the majority of the recruting process in one week?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Mate,

Not 100% sure of the timeline, but would imagine the Recruitment procedure for overseas applicants will take into account the problems involved, such as being in the U.K for a limited amount of time. I think off hand it is around 2 weeks but not 100% sure, just seem to remember it from a previous response to a question on here.

GreyWing

bkp130

Reaction score
ok thanks heaps mate. is it all relaly hard to do form firsthand expierence

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Very good points from GW, spot on.

What an overseas applicant can do is contact the nearest AFCO to the sponsor's address in UK (ie the person/people you will be staying with when you come over). The RN Website lists all the AFCO's together with email addresses. If the AFCO has sufficient notice they may be able to book you in for Recruiting Test, Interview, Eye Test, Medical & Pre Joining Fitness Test in the one day, followed by booking you in for PRMC the following week, well in advance of your arrival. You would be advised to bring a copy of your full medical records with you, in case any medical issues need to be investigated.

The thing to remember is that Security Clearance can take quite a while for overseas applicants, so if you contact the AFCO & get the ball rolling before you arrive, so much the better.

From passing PRMC to being allocated an entry date is usually 6 to 8 weeks, so you need to consider where you wish to be during that period.

It also goes without saying that you mustn't travel halfway around the world at your own expense unless you are 100% ready to attend PRMC with regard fitness.

Best of luck.

bkp130

Reaction score
hey thanks heaps for that last reply. very helpful. i think i will contact them in a month or to after i get my fitness up that little bit more to get the ball rolling and see what they say.

thanks again for the help