Does hay fever stop you joining?

Silent

Reaction score
Does hay fever bar you from entry? It's been getting worse and so i went to the doc he gave me tablets for it does this now mean i can't join up?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
no. type hay fever into search bar. loads of lads have had this. it really depends on bad your hayfever is.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
no it doesn't. if it's severe it will but not minor/'normal' hay fever. everyone suffers from it to a minor extent it very much depends on what you're meaning here. all hay fever is, is your body reacting to a foreign substance

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
yes, it does. And no it isn't just a reaction to a foreign substance!!

Hay fever involves an allergic reaction to pollen therefore is most likely to cause problems during haying season and when plants are germinating, thus producing more pollen in the hope it will stick to bee's when they are cllecting nectar and they then pass this from one plant to another.

However it can come on any time of the year.

If you get hayfever you are allergic to pollen to some degree. And yes it does bar you from entry if you are officially diagnosed with it. Thereofre if you think you suffer from it but haven't been diagnosed with it, stay quiet!

Sorry to undermine Seedy but he doesn't know what he's talking about!

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I thinik I heard Stacka mention (not sure) that you could get a jab to prevent it

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yes, it does. And no it isn't just a reaction to a foreign substance!!
Hay fever involves an allergic reaction to pollen
If you get hayfever you are allergic to pollen to some degree. And yes it does bar you from entry if you are officially diagnosed with it. Thereofre if you think you suffer from it but haven't been diagnosed with it, stay quiet!
Sorry to undermine Seedy but he doesn't know what he's talking about!
erm you just argued against yourself- pollen IS a foreign substance and the allergy IS a reaction... and yes you can get in as i have it mildly (it's on my medical file and i informed the Dr that took my medical) and i passed medical.
an allergic reaction is your immune system mistaking a substance for an virus or substance that is bad for you hence why you react like you've got a bad cold. jesus matt you *text deleted* learn to chill it out sometimes with the arguing man, most argumentative person in the world, i thought i was bad! *text deleted*
for further clarification on how wrong matt is see here:
matt b sucks donkey d*ck
*text deleted*. seriously the link goes to the NHS site for allergy, just wanted to get up Matt B's nose a bit

Silent

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Cheers Seedytucker, given me hope again and *text deleted* he's ryt about the hay fever *text deleted*s for the link helpful as well. Anyway this jab, useful, how long does it last etc??

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
thing is Silent if it's bad enough that you need meds for it it could be a problem. i'd pm stacka about the jab he seemed to know quite a bit about it.
stacka's cp

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I thinik I heard Stacka mention (not sure) that you could get a jab to prevent it

Yeah i had hayfever....The MO at Portsmouth said it was fine.

Had a jab from the doctor and had no problems ever since....i even ran home past a wheat field being harvested and still no effects

So in short, you can join with hayfever

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I said that it isn't 'JUST' a reaction, not that is 'wasn't' a reaction. There is more to it that your very simple diagnoses of;

"all hay fever is, is your body reacting to a foreign substance"

thats not all it is at all, try looking it up in google or wikipedia or something.

The long and short of it is that if you're are all lying up or on stag and your mate is sneezing like a girl *text deleted* he's lying next to a flower, or you are hiding in hay!! he's *text deleted* get everyone killed so they won't let you in and will refer you to hairdressing or something else that you may be better suited for.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
aww matt you're so sweet when you get wound up. *text deleted*
no need to look up on wiki i posted a link for the NHS site, i'd suggest taking NHS info over wiki, though wiki appears to agree with NHS (for now at least)
the long and short of it is you ccan join with hayfever (providing it's controllable) which is what this whole thread is about...
what else is hayfever beyond your body reacting to a foreign substance?

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
I get hayfever quite bad :mad:

And i thought it would effect me joinin, :doh:

but don't they offer a jab? or medicines like piriton as a cure? :weird::weird:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Its like saying "all running is, is going faster than walking" yes you would be right seedy but it's just a slightly primative way of explaining things, and although you were correct, so well done you still get your gold star and a cookie, there was a little more to it than your comprehension on the subject.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* that's not the one GPs are giving out at the moment, try again

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just search in google or wikipedia, thats all I did

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
So can anyone tell me about this jab?

Yeah its a drug called Kenalog, and gets injected to a large muscle group. Lasts you all through the season.

Its totally amazing, works well for me.

Latest posts

New Threads