Does this make you angry?

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would absolutely love national service to come back.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Or, kill two birds with one stone...

Let fox hunters hunt chavs!

*adds to list of things i'd pay to watch*

If there wasn't a war on you could just flood the streets with soldiers :smile:
that's what they did with police men a few decades ago in new York I think.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Death penalty would put a top to it, a life for a life in my opinion, when you grow up in poverty and have nothing to live for you arent going to be worried about spending 10 years in prison for stabbing someone... someone told me something that has always stuck with me which has probably stopped me from getting into alot of fights..
'the person with the least to lose always wins'.

Anyway, there's enough technology around now to prove that someone has murdered someone else, so why not bring it back? in other countrys you'd get your hands chopped off for stealing a loaf of bread.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Death penalty would put a top to it, a life for a life in my opinion, when you grow up in poverty and have nothing to live for you arent going to be worried about spending 10 years in prison for stabbing someone... someone told me something that has always stuck with me which has probably stopped me from getting into alot of fights..
'the person with the least to lose always wins'.

Anyway, there's enough technology around now to prove that someone has murdered someone else, so why not bring it back? in other countrys you'd get your hands chopped off for stealing a loaf of bread.

I don't think it would. The death penalty is merely a punishment. The fact that it would be used shows the system has failed, the problem needs to be addressed earlier on before these things actually happen, and looking at the social environment that allows these things to occur and changing it is important.

New ways of punishment will only do so much, whereas cutting the head off the problem is far better, national service at this point would be good...

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score

That would lower the standards of the British Armed forces by quite a bit.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the goverment really need to enforce more strict consequences, i mean right now you can get 3 years for murder and that makes me sick *text deleted*...i mean if you murder, you should get life and you should be there until the day you die AND without the luxuries you get in prison (tv, computer, etc) it should just be a black room with no windows or anythin and it should be the same with rapists and perverts..also for the not so harsh crimes e.g robbery they should be sentenced to longer years, some dont even end up in prison but if the consequences was so bad people would think twice about commiting crimes and the country would be a better place, the goverment are just to soft

i also think the police should be trained like the forces and actually be able to use force

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That would lower the standards of the British Armed forces by quite a bit.

Yeah but if it was just two years in reserve when you turned 18 or something. The average guy wouldn't be anywhere near as good as a normal British soldier but he would learn discipline and many other skills and obesity and immature chavs would be a lot less prevalent. I think so anyway.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ever seen the film Outlaw? Says alot really about the state of modern Britian.

C

critchmufc

national service is were they get made to go through army training isnt it, they dont have to stay in once they are 18...

but to be honest, i think a good enough punishment would be to send them to lympstone for a month and just get beasted all day every day with no priveliges

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah make a new regiment with just national service people in there, so it dont lower the standards of the other regiments.

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
would you want to have someone like that fight next to you in a war? i wouldnt trust them with my life so wouldnt want them out there. I think something along the lines of a boot camp would be better, just 1-2 years of military training to teach them what they need to be taught (in the way of constant beastings of corse)

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
would you want to have someone like that fight next to you in a war? i wouldnt trust them with my life so wouldnt want them out there. I think something along the lines of a boot camp would be better, just 1-2 years of military training to teach them what they need to be taught (in the way of constant beastings of corse)

True i would not trust them with my life.

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
National service might just make them a more co-ordinated bunch of *text deleted**text deleted* heads. And plus the violence starts at like age 13, not 18.

Death penalty is a brilliant idea. You kill someone? You loose your life. I'd be the executioner myself if they took it back.

True it'd be better to nip it in the bud - but why not just do both? Britains police needs to be authorised to use more force.

EDIT - And yes those videos make me very angry.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it would. The death penalty is merely a punishment. The fact that it would be used shows the system has failed, the problem needs to be addressed earlier on before these things actually happen, and looking at the social environment that allows these things to occur and changing it is important.

New ways of punishment will only do so much, whereas cutting the head off the problem is far better, national service at this point would be good...

Yes, but it also acts as a repelant againstcrime.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nah i'm not a fan of the death penalty... your just adding to the death toll rather than stopping it. Sure sometimes people have to die to prevent more from dying, but life imprisonment is just the same as death penalty, but the convicted will be breathing and possibly doing something helpful to society as a whole!

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

I respect that, but it would not just be a punishment, it would be a deterant aswell, the system has already failed, thats why people that carry knifes with the intent of using them as weapons are let out after six months and why LIFE is 30 years because the jails are full, the problem cannot be adressed early on, because it has already happened, the problem is the generation that have been raised BY a system that has changed hands so many times that it has no clear direction and have been allowed to sit around doing nothing and get paid to do nothing other than have kids and show them that there is no meaning to life other than to exist inside the box, but whatever, its probably too late now anyway.

chris83

Reaction score
hi all,
it's interesting how many people seem to feel this way- speak to anyone in a pub and they'll agree, leave the pub and look around you and there's probably a fight or some drunk tart/tit vomitting etc, it makes me wonder who the w4nkers are that cause this trouble. dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with drunken shenanigans, it's part of our gaelic culture but all these knife wielding/drug dealing/jobless/ extremist/ violent w4nkers, who's making them, and how do we stop them?!

New Threads