Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Doms in shins

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by dewalt2001, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi just a quick question can you get Dom’s in *text deleted* shins or is any soreness in shins automatically shin splints?
    Thanks

2. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    When do you feel the soreness? When you're sat down or running/walking down stairs?

Usually if you feel soreness in or close to the shin bone, it's considered shin splints

3. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Have you recently started running/upped your mileage, etc?

Sore shins isn't always shin splints, it might just be your muscles getting used to the phys youre doing

4. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Muscle pain is different to shin pain, especially doms related soreness. Your shins can't get doms

5. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Maybe he's talking about the muscle on the outside of his shin

6. physiomum

physiomum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    You can get “doms” in your anterior tibial muscles (attached to your shins) but it should settle within 2-3 days. It’s that soreness that feels worse after rest then eases with activity. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  7. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Nothing when sitting or running st all, it’s sore when I bend into the squat position to pick something up not painful at all but just enough to notice if you know what I mean, also feels like that if I jump when landing, just being cautious don’t want to turn into a major problem as been making good progress

8. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    If you don't feel it when you run, that's a good sign; Normally shin splints is felt from an impact.
    Could be that your muscles are tight/imbalanced around that area so I'd recommend stretching and massaging your legs, and trying to pinpoint where the pain is coming from. People commonly have tight/weak calf and soleus muscles so focus on thise to begin with.
    Obviously very hard to 'diagnose' an injury over the internet though.
    Best of luck

• Like Like x 1