Don’t think too much just get it done

bagga15

Reaction score
Joined in 2000, worked as a builder and was dared to go in. Best dare ever taken on. I was fairly fit but nothing like people go on about on here. It’s determination that gets you through, wanting to impress, wanting to be first. Prmc for me was about standing out. Might sound stupid but if you stand out for good reasons you will always be remembered. If you listen and react quickly you will pass regardless as training team will see you want it more than anyone else.
Get the basics right, make sure you match the required levels. Don’t be cocky. That was my downfall. I was told half the training team wanted to fail me for dragging my feet at 15.5 on bleep test, I was stopped and severely bollocked. I’m friends with that training team to this day though
I wish you all the best as this opportunity will show you what life is about. If you don’t fulfill I promise you will regret it for the rest of your days
Best words of advice are
1- never call a corporal, Sir!
2- Never lie to the training team, we make mistakes they love integrity
3- Never hold back, give everything, as you will make lifelong friends
4- Don’t regret
Never ever regret missing out on this unbelievable life you could have

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Good to hear your views, but slightly confused. Are you currently serving? The reason I ask is that your signature states that you have passed your recruiting test.

Happy to amend for you if needs be.

Alan

Reaction score
Joined in 2000, worked as a builder and was dared to go in. Best dare ever taken on. I was fairly fit but nothing like people go on about on here. It’s determination that gets you through, wanting to impress, wanting to be first. Prmc for me was about standing out. Might sound stupid but if you stand out for good reasons you will always be remembered. If you listen and react quickly you will pass regardless as training team will see you want it more than anyone else.
Get the basics right, make sure you match the required levels. Don’t be cocky. That was my downfall. I was told half the training team wanted to fail me for dragging my feet at 15.5 on bleep test, I was stopped and severely bollocked. I’m friends with that training team to this day though
I wish you all the best as this opportunity will show you what life is about. If you don’t fulfill I promise you will regret it for the rest of your days
Best words of advice are
1- never call a corporal, Sir!
2- Never lie to the training team, we make mistakes they love integrity
3- Never hold back, give everything, as you will make lifelong friends
4- Don’t regret
Never ever regret missing out on this unbelievable life you could have

That's a great post :)
Good advice for someone like me who tends to overthink stuff and not actually get anything done in the end
Just one question please, what do you call a corporal if you can't call them sir because that was what I was planning to say haha :)

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
How about Cpl?

The only people who are addressed as Sir are officers and Warrant Officers, i.e. the Sgt Major. All others are addressed by their rank.

Alan

Sausage

Reaction score
That's a great post :)
Good advice for someone like me who tends to overthink stuff and not actually get anything done in the end
Just one question please, what do you call a corporal if you can't call them sir because that was what I was planning to say haha :)
Oh and don’t call the seargeant,sarge!