Don't know what to do

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I had my debrief at prmc they said they were going to give me a 3 month wait to reattend, I didn't make it pass the endurance course I have no exscuse as to why I failed was only doing 3 mile runs big mistake, anyhow I've just received a message from Afco saying his notes say a 12 month wait am gutted beyond belief, been as though I am 30 I have no idea what to do smash the phys an wait or join the paras althougth I only ever wanted to be a marine I have age against me do I have to be in training before I'm 33 ? :(

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You must commence Recruit Training at least one day before your 33rd birthday so it's definitely do-able, if you're prepared to wait.

Maybe consider a dual application?

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You must commence Recruit Training at least one day before your 33rd birthday so it's definitely do-able, if you're prepared to wait.

Cheers for the swift response that's good I'll only be 31 so have plenty of time

mark7

Reaction score
gutted for you mate quick question what was your weekly routine say 6 weeks leading up to prmc

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
gutted for you mate quick question what was your weekly routine say 6 weeks leading up to prmc
I was 2 3 milers an one 4 an 3 bodyweight circuits, I'm completely changing my routine though too include hill sprints an more long distance runs

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

ninja, will i have to do any part of the process again prior to prmc ? thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Only time-expired elements need to be re-taken before entry:

Recruiting Test valid 3 years
Interview 6 months
Medical (if under 18 or over 30) 12 months
Everything else 12 months.

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
After much soul searching throughout today an doing some research, I'm giving myself another attempt in a years time going to beast myself lose a couple of stone an smash it I may be be wrong side of 30 but with right training anything is possible

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
After much soul searching throughout today an doing some research, I'm giving myself another attempt in a years time going to beast myself lose a couple of stone an smash it I may be be wrong side of 30 but with right training anything is possible
Good effort!! Train hard and you will pass. You won't regret it either

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
1 year is nothing, will pass so fast, i need to go to the doctors about my abdomen/diaphragm/stomach, something feels weird with it and seems to be playing abit with my breathing, (i dont have any breathing problems) just makes it feel strange when i breath in.

i am able to run and workout as much as i can, but hopefully its not something that will cause me to wait 4 years.