Dont know what to do,

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads, good news got my PRMC on the 28th october, bad news I havent been able to run for the last 2 n a bit weeks, ave got swollen tissue in my knee, physio told me to rest it up until the 14th, that only gives me two weeks to get back into shape after 5 weeks without any running,
Should I ask for my prmc to be moved back? how would the afco react to it? I want to do it but dont want any long term injury if i try and push the the pain to train, its sore even when i am walking at the moment.
cheers

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if i were you mate i would ask for a much later date! give yourself about another month to get back into shape! because if you take 5 weeks off training (which is understandable due to your injury) your cardio ability will have suffered! VERY badly, i know thats what you didnt want to hear but, hey, its happened to me before, its just a reality you will have to face up to mate! im sure you'd rather put back your PRMC date a bit and get in shape and pass first time rather than failing by miles and having to wait ages again for retry!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yes mate i would definitely move the PRMC back, unless you can fit in other training such as rowing and cycling to take the weight off the knee, but that probably won't be enough.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i agree with the other two answers. If your not fit for PRMC why take it? Try in a month mate you will crack it then.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah mate i would retake it. My careers advisor was saying that i should do the RMAD because if i did PRMC and failed it would probably be 6 months until i got another PRMC date.

ninjamej

Reaction score
i dun my knee in rest it for just over a week go for a light run see how u feel if its alright then carry on with training and smash that prmc *text deleted* but if it really hurts when u start running jsut walk back home and call up the afco mate

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads, good news got my PRMC on the 28th october, bad news I havent been able to run for the last 2 n a bit weeks, ave got swollen tissue in my knee, physio told me to rest it up until the 14th, that only gives me two weeks to get back into shape after 5 weeks without any running,
Should I ask for my prmc to be moved back? how would the afco react to it? I want to do it but dont want any long term injury if i try and push the the pain to train, its sore even when i am walking at the moment.
cheers

Hi mate

I am in the same situation due to a cracked rib. I phoned my AFCO and my careers advisor was fine. My PRMC was supposed to be on 21/10 but i haven't got another date yet. I was told that i might have to retake my medical because of the injury, i hope i dont cause it would seriously delay my application.

Poynty Hepburn

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
knees know best..

Do Not mess with knees mate.. seriously.. if there is one joint that you should give time to heal properly its ya knees.. please dont risk it.. ive done my knee in before.. ligament tear... the lot.. rest and physio is the only way.. if you knacker your knee by trying to push it.. the best that will happen is you might pass PRMC if you grin and bear it... however it wont survive RT if you have done lasting damage.. let it recover and usually you can go on with no recurring problem... A stitch in time saves nine... Good luck.. take care

quinn

Reaction score
interview

or8 lads i gt ma interview on fri an im *text deleted**text deleted*tin it man wt do i reli need to no they sedi gt a tredmill test aswell wt i gta do

New Threads