Dont see much...

MT6690

Reaction score
When im looking at peoples training schedules you dont see much people ever including swimming, i swim more than i go to the gym.

i swim 5 times a week, and go to the gym 3-4 times a week and run 3 times a week.

if anyone here also goes swimming, make yourself known and let me know what you do in your swimming routine (other than looking at all the granny fanny)

cheers.

MT.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I have just started doing some swimming training so my fitness in that dept is shocking.

Just doing several lengths breastroke as warm-up, then doing a few intervals of "sprint" one length front crawl, then breastroke recovery back one length.

Rinse repeat a few times, (currently on about 5.)

Want to get up to doing 10 of these reps without drowning, and then try and do 2 lengths of front crawl etc and build up some stamina.

I usually finish with a few lengths breastroke to warm-down, and swim a length or two underwater fore the lungs and to try and impress the babe who lifeguards at the pool!

What sort of training do you? Would be kean to hear some fresh ideas.

cheers

MT6690

Reaction score
well after ive scanned the pool for girls age range of 16-60 *text deleted*. then i do 5 lengths breastroke, 5 lengths frontcrawl. then i have a break, have another scan, then see how far i can swim underwater for, usually a length, and then straight after do 8 lengths of breastroke and 8 frontcrawl.

i keep adding lengths on going on how *text deleted**text deleted*ed i am, its good and just tires me the *text deleted**text deleted* out.

i like your routine, il try som of that *text deleted*, cheers:idea:

MT.

JPM

Reaction score
MT6690. I see that your from kent, what part?

I dont do alot of swim training, i used to be a lifeguard so know how to swim just havent in over a year so my fitness in that area is bad. I am getting back into it but im trying to find someone to train with as i never push myself when i swim on my own.

MT6690

Reaction score
well i live in sittingbourne *text deleted*, *text deleted**text deleted*hole. what bout you *text deleted*?

MT

JPM

Reaction score
im in gravesend mate, an even bigger *text deleted**text deleted*hole, Ha Ha,

I don't know how far that is from sittingbourne?

Have you done your PRMC yet?

Just looked at your last post and saw that you have done your prmc, sorry, I should really pay more attention.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*@ Granny fanny.. so true. :wink:

I started swimming a little while back, went 2 times a week at first now 1 times a week.

When I first started I was breathless after 2 lengths *text deleted*, couple of weeks later I could do 40, that was the last time I was there, not been there in a while. That's the longest I've ever swam, it took about 28 minutes I think and the time before that I only swam 26 lengths so I just thought F it and decided to keep on going and ended up at 40. I'm just *text deleted* try and get to 60.

Getting upto that amount involved swallowing alot of water and nearly choking to death though. :cheesy: JK.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
At the start of the year I could barely swim! I couldn't put my head under the water when I swam as I always got my breathing messed up.
I got hold of a DVD called Total Immersion which re-taught me everything I know about swimming. Now I'm pretty good.

Just out of interest, on PRMC, do you have to do breast stroke with your head above water at all times or are you allowed to do proper breast stroke?

I'm following the swimming routine that they give to POC candidates. I believe ninja has already posted it.

JPM

Reaction score
one of the problems i get when swimming is i cant stay in for very long as the chlorine really burns my eyes and i cant see where im going after that so im hoping that thay make you do breast stroke with your head out of the water.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
one of the problems i get when swimming is i cant stay in for very long as the chlorine really burns my eyes and i cant see where im going after that so im hoping that thay make you do breast stroke with your head out of the water.
..........Goggles?

You do it with your head out the water.

Trace

Reaction score
hey i live in sittingbourne.....

its a *text deleted**text deleted*hole

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite *text deleted* i go swimming quite reguraly just doing breastroke
ussualy do a set of 15 length of breastroke
then 5 fornt crwl then just keep doing that little circuit for an hour

prmc 2/09/08
if life is hard death must be easy !

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
alrite MT,

I go swimmming like twice a week, as apart of my training for PRMC

I usually do 10 lengths of Breststroke then 10 of front crawl, then tread water for 5 minutes. After treading water i usually have a rest for like 5 minutes

Then i repeat this exercise like 2-3 time, but at this point, your struggling to stay a float !

:laugh:

But since i been doing this routine, my endurance and stamina has improved, so its all good :D

:biggrin:

MT6690

Reaction score
thanks 4 all your replies..bit late i know but fork it.

ta

MT :bud: