Don't Understand.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I went for a run (1.5 miles) and Im trying to get my times down.

Last week I was at the 10 minute mark and today the sh1t hit the fan. My time was 11 minutes 41 seconds :dontaskme: I dont have a clue how that happened. I was going faster and I was more tired.

Mind you I did have a Mcdonalds like 45 minutes before I went out but that shouldnt make THAT much of a difference *text deleted*.

Any ideas :uglyhammer:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It makes all the difference mate, because i have experienced that. I ate crap before a run, I had a greesy burger and some chocolate cakes bout an hour before my run, about 15 minutes into it i felt abit faint and dehydrated. My PB when i did a 3 mile run, I had a bowl of hot Oats 1 hour before run and a Bowl of Organic pasta after it. I felt great after it:toung:

RC

Reaction score
I went for a run (1.5 miles) and Im trying to get my times down.

Last week I was at the 10 minute mark and today the sh1t hit the fan. My time was 11 minutes 41 seconds :dontaskme: I dont have a clue how that happened. I was going faster and I was more tired.

Mind you I did have a Mcdonalds like 45 minutes before I went out but that shouldnt make THAT much of a difference *text deleted*.

Any ideas :uglyhammer:

Couple of suggestions ...

Was it the exact same route ?
Did you run at the same time of day ?
Where you hydrated ?
Overtraining ?
Psychological motivation ?
Weather conditions - wind / temp ?
Did you warm up properly on both occassions ?

Diet could be a factor, but I doubt the Mcdonalds alone would result in such poor performance compared to last week ?

Rich.

New Threads