Doorframe

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just remembered an exercise my old climbing instructor told me, basically, pick a door frame somewhere in your house, and every time you walk under that door frame do 20 press ups. I never tried it but apparently it helps that bit more with upper body strength, just thought I'd share that with you :smile:

Edit: There are two outcomes, you'll go into certain rooms less or your upper body strength will improve.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you have the right type of door frame and your light enough you can do 2 pullups aswel.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
every time i go for a piss i do 3 chin ups and every time i go for a *text deleted**text deleted* its 6 chin ups :dinner:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
every time i go for a piss i do 3 chin ups and every time i go for a *text deleted**text deleted* its 6 chin ups :dinner:

do you manage to do those exercises while your actually having a dump / piss? *text deleted* if so , thats really impressive!

i tried it....mess all over the gaffe, wasnt impressed with my effort *text deleted* mate.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
do you manage to do those exercises while your actually having a dump / piss? *text deleted* if so , thats really impressive!

i tried it....mess all over the gaffe, wasnt impressed with my effort *text deleted* mate.

hahaha nice one

:shakehands: have to shake your hand in computer wise for the effort you made. :rock:

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
That's nothing, I can swim a length while having a piss!

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i do a similar sort of thing i have a pull up bar in the door frame of my room and every time i go in i do 3 pull ups and when i leave do as many as i can

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
i do a similar sort of thing i have a pull up bar in the door frame of my room and every time i go in i do 3 pull ups and when i leave do as many as i can

Ha, i'd end up just sitting in my room and getting my house mates to push food under the door!

Seriously though, this is meant to be a brilliant way to increase your maximum number of pull-ups.

Good article on this and the "greasing the groove" method here:
http://www.stemlerfit.com/page6.htm
Of course the fitness levels of these people are a bit incredible. Shouldn't be happy with anything less that 30 pull-ups apparantly:eek: