Double Maths A-Level

D

Deleted

I've decided to do Double Maths at A-Level (Maths A-Level and Further Maths A-Level), but I was wondering, would the grades not apply to the UCAS points for entry as an officer as they are overlapping?

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Carl, mad as it may sound my understanding is that you may only count the points from non-overlapping subjects to reach the total of 180 UCAS points.

D

Deleted

Would none of the points go forward, or could the grade from just one of the A-Levels be used?

Thanks
Carl

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You simply use the highest points from each A2 grade to total 180 points. If the subjects overlap, then you just count the highest contributing A2 UCAS points awarded.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
But isn't A-level further maths classed as a seperate A-level?

morpcat

Reaction score
When I did my A-Levels my Further Maths was counted as a second A2, and so (at least for uni application) I had UCAS points from both Mathematics and Further Mathematics A2s.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They are seperate A-levels, however they are considered to be 'overlapping', therefore UCAS pointsfrom only one of them are valid for an officer application. To be honest you should acheive the minimum requirements from one of the maths A-levels and your other non-maths A-level

D

Deleted

Ahh okay. I'm glad that one would be accepted, I was just worried that both would be turned down.

Thanks,
Carl.