Dragon Boat Races

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey chaps. Anyone ever heard of these ?

Well my work here is entering a boat here in June I believe. Every year we have a big rowing competition with these boats that hold a good 23 people, and the races begin.

Since my co-workers know Im training for the Marines, they have nominated me as the captain. Should be good fun, and some intense practices. Funny thing is I work for a computer firm, 90% of the people are overweight, so, with that in mind, I know we are going to get beaten, BAD, but still all in good fun. Im *text deleted* run these civvies through some tough beastings :D. I'll keep ya up to date with some pictures and stuff.

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea mate i am in my school dragon boat team!!

its great fun! we went to our regional championship down in wellington (New Zealand) and got the fastest time of the day but got 2nd...haha

anyway its awesome fun!!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Yes I did one of these a couple of years ago for charity.

Problem was I went out on the piss the night before and had a horrible hangover (what else do you expect on a Sunday morning).We won all our races but nearly rolled the boat on the second race-didnt help that half our boat were 18st doormen..the boat was quite low in the water..ha ha

Overall its a good laugh and if you can all get in time with the rowing youre laughing...or you get bashed knuckles