Dragon Skin

squirrell.e

Reaction score
Yea guys! found some hoofing sh!t, its called dragon skin its the latest and most significantly affective innovation as far as body armour is concerned. it is far more affective than plate armour stopping rounds that will punch through three quarter inch and 1 inch steel. most body armour has to be tested at level 3 to 4 to pass as safe, but this body armour is a hole level more advanced and has been issued level 5. For some time there was a lot of controversy about this armour and was later deemed as a classified subject from the federal government in the states,.. how contradicting!!

Now! as I'm about to undertake marine training and assuming i pass and get deployed to the middle east quite frankly i know we dont get issued this piece of kit, and was wondering weather you are allowed and approved to wear your own choice of armour?? feed back would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBmcT_Y-6o&feature=related

D

Deleted

Apparently they won't let people use this in the US, even though someone high up in the military was given it by an advisor or something. It can stop grenades and is much much better than what is currently used. The person who made what is used now (the metal plate thing), said that Dragon skin is much much better aswell, but still, people are not allowed to wear it. Pretty *text deleted**text deleted*ed up really isn't it.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Would be gutting if you got shot in the neck while wearing it.

Joe

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
carl: you know why it's not allowed? i know in the USMC you can't use non-official kit at all, but i would have thought they'd be all over this.
saw it on a documentary a year or so ago, and just assumed it was coming into service.
in the documentary i saw an entire ak47's clip was emptied into it, an mp5s and an m4 THEN a grenade was detonated under it and although the vest was f*cked, there was zero penetration. so instead of using that we're using flak vests that won't even stop one direct hit never mind 30x 7.62, 30x 5.56 and 30x9mm rounds. bl*text deleted*dy craziness

squirrell.e

Reaction score
feed back

Would be gutting if you got shot in the neck while wearing it.

Joe

common guys, i asked for useful feed back not for silly comments like this its quite infuriating actually, i mean who say's something like that for a start on a forum like this any way, grow up *text deleted*

D

Deleted

It's pretty ridiculous isn't it, not letting people wear it or issueing (spelling?) it to them. It's got to have something to do with either price (may be much more expensive than the flak vests), or corruption high up, where someone has a stake in the flak vest business, and will lose a lot of money, which is pretty sick when you consider that it would save the lives of those trying to protect them.

squirrell.e

Reaction score
our forces policies

OK does any body know weather our forces will allow us to use it if we wish to buy it?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i wouldn't have thought so, although UK forces can adapt a bit i don't think they'd let you use your own private (very expensive) body armour, as it makes theirs look b*llox

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i watched a programe about it, its awsome way better than the stuff we have but i think it costs alot.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
common guys, i asked for useful feed back not for silly comments like this its quite infuriating actually, i mean who sais something like that for a start on a forum like this any way, grow up *text deleted*

Mate it was a light hearted joke,
it weren't a dig at you for writing this,
and I don't consider it a silly comment,
what do you want me to say?
I watched the video and it was bloody impressive,
but I'm sure everyone else who adds a few words to this topic will say the same thing.

Joe

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
The peaople that make Dragon skin are a company called Pinicle armour.

The reason why they wont let US troops us them is simply the same reason why the British arent using them....the product is so new no time has been made for R&D. The British MOD have allready started and are looking at Dragon Skin at the moment.

Also there was a disclaimer stating that if you were killed whilst using a dragon skin vest that Pinicle would pay out a huge sum of money, this contrivened the FBI's HR and Opperational Ethic so the vest wasnt used. Howver 18 Sates are curently rolling the vets out with more to come. Boston are currently using them, and the reports are good.

I can obtain the vest as on a peice by peice basis, but id have to have firm order before i risked bringing some back with me.

milky

Reaction score
yeah its great stuff, not saying theres anything going on, but the US government band it (said it failed their tests) 2 months before they started testing it, theres a good doc. on youtube.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
yeah its great stuff, not saying theres anything going on, but the US government band it (said it failed their tests) 2 months before they started testing it, theres a good doc. on youtube.

Dont believe everything you see.

*text deleted* become good pals with the Sales Manager at Pinacale guy galled Gary (im not posting his full name on open forum) so i here the full low down.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
common guys, i asked for useful feed back not for silly comments like this its quite infuriating actually, i mean who sais something like that for a start on a forum like this any way, grow up *text deleted*

Silly comments, you have duplicate posts going on camourflage products and one on dragon skin. You say that you are looking for feedback, why?

What are you going to use the feedback for? Don't tell me, you are designing a new version.

Don't come on here and start saying long established members are infuritating you, that's not the how this site works.

If you want to spam sites with your weapon and tech warriors, can I suggest you do it elsewhere! It's a site for those wishing to join the Royal Marines and issues that go with that.

squirrell.e

Reaction score
no nothing like that actually, now as an administrator id have thought you would have gained sufficient and adequate information before giving me a bollocking, i was asking for feed back on the situation as to weather we as soldiers of the royal navy are permitted to use our own armour, and to correct you further i am joining the royal marines and you would have known that if you took the time to read my personal information, my recruit training starts December

>RMR Application: Accepted
>Psychometric Test: Passed
>Eye Examination: Passed
>Interview: Passed
>Medical: Passed
>PJFT: 8:41 sec
>PRMC: 24/06/08 Passed
>RT : december
>Push ups - 62
>sit ups - 83
pull ups - 12

M

MTW

seen a few good tests and explaination of this stuff on the net, and if its all true and fair, looks like a good bit of kit.

but squirrel.e.........wind your neck in mate

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Squirrel,

I did check all your posts before I commented, I never said that you were not planning on joining the Royal Marines.

But maybe you should introduce yourself and see how things happen round here before your start to say how others are infuriating you. The post was obviously a post of humour and should have been taken as such.

It was you who posted 2 duplicate camo threads, and a dragon skin thread in the "welcome to the prmc section" and saying someone (a good member on here) is infuritating you, all within an hour or two of joining and then asking me to gain "sufficent and adequate information".

Hopefully you'll see why I was a little miffed.

squirrell.e

Reaction score
yea admittedly i did post the information under the incorrect section, and i was kindly informed so i re posted the topic not knowing it would duplicate the info on the same page. i have been a member for longer than a couple of hours give me a break *text deleted*. but yes i think its fair to say I'm still learning how things work here and I'm still familiarising my self with how to use the site sorry!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Not a problem Squirrel, the manner in which you have responded shows that you weren't the person I thought you were when I first posted.

:shakehands: problem sorted, back to the issues then.

I remember a few posts on this a couple of months ago. I think Stacka is the man who knows a fair bit about it.

I'm all for technology in warfare and it's certainly the way that is key to beating the suicidal people in this world who have 70+ virgins on the other side.