Dreading new changes

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im kind of at a stand still. at this moment in time i dont have the energy to do 2.4km on a tredmill 1 min break and another 2.4km run. i was confident when the PJFT was just a 2.4k and thats it, i tried it the other day my face went pale when i did double what i usually do. is there anything i can do to train myself to get better scores.

i also been told that you do all your situps, pressups and pullups *text deleted* much all after the run.

any help would be great.
*text deleted*.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The pressups etc are PRMC exclusive.

PJFT is just the run.

I'd practise running more, and don't go there till you know you can do the runs. I dont mean jog them, stopwatch time your runs.

Just keep running, running and running - its the only way to get better.

Try some various workout like high intensity if need be, theres stuff dotted all over the site to help you :)

M

MTW

im kind of at a stand still. at this moment in time i dont have the energy to do 2.4km on a tredmill 1 min break and another 2.4km run. i was confident when the PJFT was just a 2.4k and thats it, i tried it the other day my face went pale when i did double what i usually do. is there anything i can do to train myself to get better scores.

i also been told that you do all your situps, pressups and pullups *text deleted* much all after the run.

any help would be great.
*text deleted*.
just keep doing it mate, there is no easy way...

plus its better its like this now? otherwise you would have done your pjft, then gone to prmc and possibly failed, at least now you will be more confident when you get to the PRMC

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You're given 23 minutes to run 3 miles in and that's including a 1 min break, you should be able to do that easily. You should be running 3 miles in under 20 minutes with no breaks.

Just keep training. You'll have to get that 'energy'.:wink:

And yeah the Pushups etc are done after the bleep test, you do the run a couple of hours earlier. So you should practice doing the BW exercises after your runs.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

any help would be great.
*text deleted*.
If you cant do it on a tread mill you will not pass RMAD or PRMC. Would recommend you start running 3 miles at least four times a week and work towards running the 3 miles in under 20 mins with no breaks. Once you get that done then move onto doing push ups and sit ups directly after the run. Its dam hard at first for the majority of us at the start but just keep doing it and it gets easier.

best of luck

Chris

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Try interval training. Jog for say 5 mins and sprint for say 30 seconds or to the nearest tree or lampost or something else. If you jog around a football pitch jog one side and then sprint the ends.

This is what i am doing, i do it on a treadmill but i have 5 years until i join so i am getting stamina up before i run otside. However as you are so cloe i would suggest running outside.

Best of luck.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just keep doing it mate, there is no easy way...

plus its better its like this now? otherwise you would have done your pjft, then gone to prmc and possibly failed, at least now you will be more confident when you get to the PRMC
yea i agree with you alot. its just the fact my running is *text deleted* have to double, im no where near used to doing 4.8km. but what i love about the core is how challenging it is.

M

MTW

dont forget, its all in the ol' noggin aswell mate, be confident! and train hard, adapt and overcome!...fast!

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont forget, its all in the ol' noggin aswell mate, be confident! and train hard, adapt and overcome!...fast!
yea what keeps me motivated is i keep saying in my head the pain will go away once i stop so whats the point quiting?