Dress Code for selection

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
No need for shirt and tie. I just wore jeans, a casual t-shirt and some clean white trainers. Its no biggy mate. Your not there to impress anyone so just wear casual.

jimmy1980

Reaction score
What to wear for R.T in the morning?

Hi lads. Done a search of 16 pages and still no answer. Will I look a plum in shiny shoes and suit or do I just wear jeans and a smart shirt with shoes?
(It's psychometric test)

Cheers:blink1:

Chad

Reaction score
When I did mine I turned up in smart clothes, shirt, tie, polished shoes, etc.
There were a few who were ex forces there that day joining various branches and they all turned up dressed the same.
There was one lad who had scruffy jeans, a few earrings and a baseball cap.
Guess who looked a plum!!

k mac

Reaction score

Anyway sensible tip, Ive just walked past Burtons, ?99 for Suit and shoes, if anyones lacking.

jaym018

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Suited and booted mate
Unless you feel very uncomfortable as you hhave to concentrate so smart casual will be fine too.i like that ^^^^^^
if im honest i think you will look very fetching :P

jay

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I don't personally think it matters much,
obviously if you wear a suit it'll make a good first impression,
but at the end of the day you are doing a test,
so you are best to wear whatever you feel comfortable in,
I wore jeans, t shirt and shoes,
as it's what I'm comfortable in,
most people wore the same.

Scorpio

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't personally think it matters much,
obviously if you wear a suit it'll make a good first impression,
but at the end of the day you are doing a test,
so you are best to wear whatever you feel comfortable in,
I wore jeans, t shirt and shoes,
as it's what I'm comfortable in,
most people wore the same.

indeed, i'd feel the same...i plan on wearing jeans, clean trainers, and a casual top to my psychometric...and if i get to the interview stage, i'll make up for it wearing a suit, shirt, tie, cufflinks and some polished shoes :laugh:

Rich.W

Reaction score
Alrite lads *text deleted* just read the thread but i was just curious as to what you guys wore to just your very first meeting with your ACFO to get the ball rolling?

nufc

Reaction score
Alrite lads *text deleted* just read the thread but i was just curious as to what you guys wore to just your very first meeting with your ACFO to get the ball rolling?

I just wore jeans and a jumper, your supposed to wear a suit for the interview though

Rich.W

Reaction score
Nice one, cheers just needed to know better to check than not ay!

michael

Reaction score
Gadsby

hello ive got my physcometric test on the 8th june, I will definately be going suited and booted, makes all the diference in my opinion yo any situation, except football practice!

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
hello ive got my physcometric test on the 8th june, I will definately be going suited and booted, makes all the diference in my opinion yo any situation, except football practice!

good shout. you dont have to wear a suit, can go down in whatever you feel comfortable in, but its all gives a good impression doesnt it.

mike

Matt4017

Reaction score
As ninja has said aswell, it's good to getting used to wearing one because at POC and AIB you'll be required to wear one when not doing phys.

R

Resigned Account

I think im only going to be wearing a suit for my Interview, i go to a group presentation next thursday ill jsut wear what i wear from day to day.

Reaction score
i'm awaiting a prmc myself, and thus far for all formal things ive been smartly dressed, psychometric testing - shirt, tie, trousers and shoes, same for medical, for my interview i wore a full suit, obviously a suit was not required for my pjft, but for prmc i shall also be wearing a full suit. its better to be over dressed than under dressed.

if anyone turns up to an afco in traksuits and trainers it usaully makes me think theyre louts who cant be bothered to make an effort, god knows what the staff think.

in short, trackies = :eek:h: idiot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P RMAD Dress Code Parents & Partners 4
N Dress code RMR Section and RMR Selection 23
M interview dress code General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 12